The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1800 for my laser is it to much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slo-rst-laser

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2008
Campbell, New_York
Ok, so I've decided to sell my Laser for $1800 but I want to know if I'm asking to much for it. It needs an ecu and rear brake pads and the car has 82,000 original miles. Its been up for sale for 3 weeks and I have not had an offer on it yet.:cry: Any opinions will be helpful thanks.

there was a 90 eclipse for sale around here for 1700 and it had nothing wrong with it and only like 120k personally i wouldnt even pay that unless it was perfect and a turbo awd

$1800 isn't a bad price. I suggest you find a good ecu to install in your car. I've seen them for $50-$75 in the classifieds. That alone will make it easier to sell at your price. Some people won't buy non-running cars on matter how cheap the owner says it is to fix.

Give it more time, not as many people are looking for cars these days. If you are only selling local, you may want to sell elsewhere too. I was having a hard time finding buyers for my old Eclipse for weeks back in mid 08. Then, I listed on ebay and had a buyer within a few days. The guy lived over 150 miles away but, drove up to pick up the car. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies! Don't you have to pay an fee for ebay?

Yeah its fwd, I would like to get an ecu but I can't seem to find one. The car has Tenzo R 90 degree racing seats with four points, thats why I dont want to sell it for any less than $1800. It might be stupid for my part.

I would like to get an ecu but I can't seem to find one.
ECMTuning can rebuild yours for just slightly more than what you'll find a used ECU for. I don't trust used ECU's anyway.

A running car will pull a lot more $$ than a non-running car. Try convincing a potential buyer that all your car needs is a ECU if they can't hear the engine run. I got a good deal on a '93 TSi AWD that way.

not to bad of an asking price.. im gonna ask $2,600 for my 92 6/4 laser with absolutly no rust! and low miles. as soon as i finish the timing belt/water pump and clutch! ;)

I just bought the biggest POS of a '92 GST for $1300. Because it ran. All the accessories worked, it came with 4 extra tires that I sold for $100. So, I paid $1200. I'd have bought your car for your asking price if I saw it, and if it ran.

For $1200 I got an SAFC, a known running 6-bolt turbo, a turbo-charger, an ECU, a factory LSD turbo trans, engine harness; everything I'll need to convert my rust-free '94 GS to a turbo 6-bolt. I couldn't have gotten all of those things seperately for anywhere near that cheap. Plus it came with a whole running, drivable car, too.

Just get the ECU. There is no reason in the world for anyone to believe you when you tell them "It WILL run, if you just...". Find an ECU, and then be patient, and you'll get your $1700. It's a small market for these cars. It'll take a little while.

I just got an offer today for $1500, the wants it for an field car :(. I kinda dont want to sell it to him because the car is clean and he will probally destroy it. I appreciate all the help.

I just got an offer today for $1500, the wants it for an field car :(. I kinda dont want to sell it to him because the car is clean and he will probally destroy it. I appreciate all the help.

It took me a long time to find my two cars. I bet someone who will love it is out there looking for it already. Just find an ECU...

cant be awd, its a 90. First awd laser was 92.

Id say 1500 is a reasonable price for the car as it sits, easily 2k-2500 with a good ecu and brake pads done on it.

I'll even tell ya what, if you dont have it sold by tax time, I'll personally buy it for 1500.

you learn something new every day. never knew even with being around dsms since 2001.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back