The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

10.5 :1 compression ratio??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91, but its pretty easy to find other types of racing fuel
If it's going to be a street car running 91, I would say build it for 91, if that is easily accessible everywhere you'll be driving it. You don't want to build it in a way that you NEED to run race fuel all the time.

Well I have 8:5:1 pistons and will be running e85 on a long rod 2.0. Also forged internals with no squirters.Things you have to throw in thier are piston size, machine work ( like milling the head and block) and your head gasket and turbo size. Thier are alot of variables depending on parts used.
Its a 6 bolt engine eagle rods, cp carillo 10.5:1 272 cams 340fuel pump 1000cc injectors , 70/63 turbo , all maintence done so far

That's already in the car now? It sounded like you were trying to determine if you should put those pistons in.
Actually i havent start the car yet LOL im stuck thinking about what to do with the pistons cause to be honest i saw 4g63 forged pistons boom i want em.. and then found out about comp ratios .. sadly im no mecanic im learning as i go

I started with a gst with a little more than minimum bolt on for a 16 to 20g? On a stock 7bolt with hks 272 cams. After riding in some awds of my friends. I wanted more and awd , So while the car was running and driving I planed and purchased parts to swap to awd and handle more boost for a longer duration than just a drag race. 2013 ish to 2015, the car was driven. And spun a rod bearing. The car has been down 5 years while I aquire yet even more parts. During that time I have acquired some crap mostly because of being a tight wad. Because of my job some years are good and some are not , hint crappy parts or not so bight ideas.

You need to figure what you want to do with the car, drag,street, auto cross or combination and a hp goal and buy parts hopefully once to get to that goal.

If the motor is already built then tune it and drive it and see if you want more. If you want more then plan another engine build and possibly a trans build and other parts to handle it.

Take it from the Oldman when you have had boost and your car is down and not even close to seeing the streets because it been apart for so long . You start making phhst noises when driving (VW R32) to work ... Someday,someday. So for now paddle shift and phhst till the dsm is reborn.

I started with a gst with a little more than minimum bolt on for a 16 to 20g? On a stock 7bolt with hks 272 cams. After riding in some awds of my friends. I wanted more and awd , So while the car was running and driving I planed and purchased parts to swap to awd and handle more boost for a longer duration than just a drag race. 2013 ish to 2015, the car was driven. And spun a rod bearing. The car has been down 5 years while I aquire yet even more parts. During that time I have acquired some crap mostly because of being a tight wad. Because of my job some years are good and some are not , hint crappy parts or not so bight ideas.

You need to figure what you want to do with the car, drag,street, auto cross or combination and a hp goal and buy parts hopefully once to get to that goal.

If the motor is already built then tune it and drive it and see if you want more. If you want more then plan another engine build and possibly a trans build and other parts to handle it.

Take it from the Oldman when you have had boost and your car is down and not even close to seeing the streets because it been apart for so long . You start making phhst noises when driving (VW R32) to work ... Someday,someday. So for now paddle shift and phhst till the dsm is reborn.
Feel ya.. i do the phhst sound my self when daily driving my toyota yaris LOL hoping to finally finish my 2g LOL ill try to go to a good tunner to make the best out of what i have then go from there maybe lower compression like a lot of guys here recomended which i apreciate!

I run weisco 10:5:1 witch is 10:1 in a dsm. When I assembled my motor due to head and block being machined ect everything came out to a real 10:1 motor with a quench area of .038 if I recall. It runs only on e85 tested at 85% or higher. It is very responsive on the street even with JMF race, Ported head, and a 62mm turbo in a .82 open T3 housing. Does not really spool any faster. It does appear to make some serious jam for the LB/min logged. One thing I noticed from reading plugs and many years of tuning dsm's the motor likes less timing then lower compression motors. It is common to see 17 degrees+ on low comp motors. I am certain I am past MBT trying to even get close to that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back