The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Your most recent welding pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What ever works long as it doesnt re melt in the engine bay :)

i hope it dosent melt LOL i know the bung is in there good because i really cranked down on the sensor and i got no cracking or popping noises from the weld and the weld should hold up to at least 750 degrees so im just gonna take the turbo off and get an electric one for the filter to keep temps down!! :p

My most recent project. I tend to get quite a bit done in the garage during Christmas shutdown at our plant. I bought a JD2 Model 32 bender a couple of months ago and haven't used it yet. Part of the reason is because I don't know where I want to mount it in the garage. For now I decided to mount it to my fabrication table (700lbs). Not ideal but it works really well. Eventually I will finalize my garage lay out and mount anchors in the floor to keep the bender off of the table.

Weld
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Final result (don't mind the dirty table).

My winter beater saga continues. Rust has plagued this car and it's fuel system since I've had it and it resulted in an bad fuel pump install that showed up when fuel pressure had to rise with boost. The result was +50% fuel correction and still crazy fuel trims. Previously I had the fuel pump installed with soft line going up to a -6 fitting that attached to a bulk head fitting. The soft line wasn't suitable for submerged operation and eventually it got soft which allowed the fuel pump to shift around. Couple that with the immediate tight radius 90 degree bend at the fuel pump housing and I think it was a recipe for failure.

An idea of how it was previously installed.

I decided to redo the setup and rid myself of hose all together. I bought a steel fuel line adapter fitting from my local race shop and welded that to the pump housing.

Initially I thought about using some hose as a coupler between the fuel pump and 3/8" line and then from the 3/8" line to the adapter, but then I would have had to make something to hold the fuel pump in place. I decided to turn a mandrel on the lathe so that I could make the pieces slip fit.

The result is a pretty rigid fuel pump assembly. I wish my brake line tools wouldn't have left such deep marks on the line, but there is nothing that I could do about it. I will be using submersible gates 3/8" fuel hose as a sort of coupler to prevent any pressure from being bled off.

anyone looking for a torch. i have one to get rid of

Attachments

• Photo Dec 29, 8 42 55 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 29, 8 42 55 AM.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 94
Last welds of 2015

Wow that almost looks like it would fit my 420a turbo project!! And I need a down pipe.

Is there anyone near Springfield Missouri that does welding? I went to school for it but I don't remember much and I don't own a welder. I need to get the rust hole on my cab corner welded and I'm just going to pay someone to do it. I also need to find out where I can buy sheet metal. Hmu

Is there anyone near Springfield Missouri that does welding? I went to school for it but I don't remember much and I don't own a welder. I need to get the rust hole on my cab corner welded and I'm just going to pay someone to do it. I also need to find out where I can buy sheet metal. Hmu
I would do it, but I'm not near you LOL

UrbanSmoker, your spark plug cover is done. This is how it looks right off the table.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 23, 2 35 53 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 23, 2 35 53 PM.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Photo Dec 28, 4 14 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 28, 4 14 19 PM.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Photo Jan 03, 10 54 59 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 03, 10 54 59 PM.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 112
Last welds of 2015

Looks amazing. Keep up the good work.

Just dug this up from a long time ago; first thing I ever welded actually. Nothin fancy, just a Miller Mig not even sure of the model. Makes a pretty cool desk ornament though LOL

Tacked together my o2 housing. The o2 flange is stainless, the rest is mild. I'm still learning to weld and fabricate, so this is Rev 0 and will do for now.

Up close on one of the downpipe welds, again mild.

Looks good enough for my tastes. Going into a mighty max or starion?

I almost bought a setup from the shop you work at last year. I ended up going with a fp bolt on 3582 and haven't been disappointed. I was planning on running one of the new Garrett gtw turbos, but some dyno sheets I saw of both setups led me to the fp for my 600-650whp goal.

That work looks great, and the prices are very right for what you get from the shop. If I decide to change setups, they are in the short list of companies I'd order from.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back