The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Yelowing radiator hoses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'97boostinGST

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 1, 2010
Oxnard, California
Less than 2 weeks ago I got a turbo upgrade, today while washing my car i noticed these yellowing stains on the top radiator hose..it has less than 6k miles..they were purchased in August, OEM of course.
Im assuming they are getting way overheated because of the FP manifold?
I still have the stock radiator, but ill be upgrading soon.
Any info on this?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Damn, i just saw a JMF heat shield on the classifieds not that long ago too. :/

Make one - or take a stock one to a machine shop and have them make you one. 3-5 welds total, one sheet of metal - much cheaper.

Make one - or take a stock one to a machine shop and have them make you one. 3-5 welds total, one sheet of metal - much cheaper.

Or that too, I know a couple guys who get crafty with that sort of stuff.

Just make one instead of overpaying for the jmf heatshield. Its not too hard. Make a template out of cardboard and then copy it with aluminum or something.

Heres mine for my fp manifold, It goes all the way down to the bottom of the turbo and around the o2 housing. Its amazing how much cooler it is between the turbo and the fans

If it's an FP Race you have, which I suspect is the case based on the bit i can see in the picture and your comment about the JMF heat shield, contact Levi Lish with the below contact info. He's produced a "blanket" heat shield similar to the fabric blankets people use for insulating exhaust turbine housings but instead for an fp race manifold:

Turbo Performance Products
[email protected]
(208) 251-9141

If it's an FP Race you have, which I suspect is the case based on the bit i can see in the picture and your comment about the JMF heat shield, contact Levi Lish with the below contact info. He's produced a "blanket" heat shield similar to the fabric blankets people use for insulating exhaust turbine housings but instead for an fp race manifold:

[email protected]
(208) 251-9141

Yeah I've seen that, he has a thread on the link forum.
I'll probably end up heat wrapping it, easier and cheaper.

Is there a big difference between titanium and the regular wrapping?

I'd wonder if the blanket performs better than heat wrap. I've had headers wrapped before and they're still pretty freaking hot, but at least one guy on the link forum said he could still touch his hand to the blanket after a spirited drive (maybe I'm misquoting).

I would choose the blanket of the wrap personally because:
1) easily removable/replaceable
2) won't get in the way of me wrenching on the manfiold nuts. Wrap lessens the gaps between runners in the manifold and we don't have much to work with in there.
3) I don't think wrapping is all that easy on more than a simple exhaust tube. Man I hate that crap when wrapping headers/manifolds :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back