The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

xtd racing clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven32usk

20+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2003
Kea'au, HawaiiUS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33730&item=2470568406

i found this clutch on ebay, and im wondering if anyone has even heard of xtd before and/or if anyone is running a clutch that is made by them. its that time again for a new clutch, and this one comes with a flywheel. its not a lightweight, but i havn't been able to find a lightweight flywheel for my car. (i have a 96 gs w/turbo)

thank you for your time:thumb:
-rick

"designed for Ultra Racing Purpose and it Graps Much Harder than Just Stock Organic Disc and it will Increased Acceleration"
Don't buy a clutch from someone who lacks a basic command of the english language. That is just asking for problems.

not to mention the pressure plate looks like it was painted with some $3.00 can of paint

i just purchashed the sprung disc from them! recieved it today. this is the very same disc that clutchnet carries! cost me 126.00 shipped to the door! based on my calculations this disc and stock pressure plate will handle 300hp easy! i will let you know what i think :thumb: i will also try to post some pics of it before the install!

I got that stage 3 clutch and flywheel....clutch is great!! Holds alot better than the Competition Clutch i had...but their flywheels are crap!!....2mm oversized!!.....lets hope they send me the right 1 this time...

I have the stage 4 and I used to have the stage 3 XTD clutch and these things are extremly underrated. I'm a fan of not judging a company and it's product untill i've used it. ;)

Why did you go from the stage 3 to the stage 4? I thought about the stage 4 but was worried how it would handle for every day driving.

I just finished my Stage 3 with their new flywheel as well. I just recently hit the 500 mile break in and I am starting to test out the clutch. This thing really holds compared to my stock one and I can feel the difference in power my car has.:thumb:

I just emailed this guy (my clutch is slipping and I'm pretty broke). The pressure plate on the stage 3 in 1,700 lbs. That seems pretty weak to me. The stage 4 is 2,300 lbs though...

Cause a stage 3 only holds like 350 hp I"m now runnig a 65lb/min turbo and am lookin to make 500hp. That's why I changed to the stage 4 cause it's rated to 550hp.

you know, most people don't realize that ACT, Centerforce and SPEC are just names and these XTD clutches are most likely made in the same factory as at least one of these name brands. I mean look at it, the stage 3 has your typical 6 puck ceramic disk which is just like ACT or anyone else and the PP is just painted a different color. I'm going with the stage 3 setup because I've had my GSX for almost 4 months now and it still hasn't left the garage. The last 2 weeks of this have been just going through clutch issues with the used ACT 2600 that came with the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back