1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

WTF AM I DOING WRONG

Posted by SaskTSI, Dec 6, 2019

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. SaskTSI

SaskTSI Proven Member

Joined Aug 17, 2019
    St. Brieux, SK, Canada
    Sitting here, trying to do the fuel pump in my 95 talon, pulled the back seat, unplugged the two plugs, started the car until it died to empty the lines and when I go to pull off either of the 2 rubber hoses, fuel comes pouring out of the hard line into the hat non stop

171  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. SaskTSI

SaskTSI Proven Member

Joined Aug 17, 2019
    St. Brieux, SK, Canada
    Solved.

171  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. CJ512

CJ512 Probationary Member

Joined Jun 20, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Non stop? Surely it has to stop at some point. The check valve? your probably just getting residual from the lines. Unless your using some sort of after market fuel cell

Street Build 92  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM
  4. Helaman-99

Helaman-99 Probationary Member

Joined May 10, 2019
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    You mean pull the two rubber hoses off of the pump? If you've got a full tank it's gonna leak for a bit. I'd say let it drain into a bucket till it stops if you've got it lifted. Then again, I've only done this once, others are going to be much more experienced than I, that's just my 2 cents... good luck! And here's a tip; when doing fuel stuff, tie a rag around each wrist to keep fuel from running down your arms cuz its not fun when it gets into your arm pits...

183  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Dusty Landrum likes this.
  5. CJ512

CJ512 Probationary Member

Joined Jun 20, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    Dang! That's the best advice of the day, so resourceful

Street Build 92  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM
  6. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Heres a tip also, if you have link, you can remove the drain or feed line from the fuel rail and activate the pump in live access until it’s empty. Drain that like into a bucket, make sure to turn off the pump as soon as the tank is empty or else it could burn the pump motor up if it runs dry for too long

566  17

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
  7. SaskTSI

SaskTSI Proven Member

Joined Aug 17, 2019
    St. Brieux, SK, Canada
    I figured out the issue I was having, built up pressure in the tank, took of fuel fill cap and tried starting car again to drain lines once again and wala no more fuel coming out

171  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Archer Fabrications likes this.
  8. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    Yes the fuel cap must be removed to relieve pressure or it wont stop

Street Build 2K  15

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM