The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

WOW My Custom Exhaust Manifold *pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63telantra

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Hey is a few pictures I took yesterday as I was building my custom manifold for a GT40 Turbo. This Manifold will be running 2 wastegates as well.

Let me know what you people think.

PS: This is a 4g63T inside my Hyundai Elantra.

Attachments

• IMAGE_00018.jpg
    IMAGE_00018.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 825
  • IMAGE_00019.jpg
    IMAGE_00019.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 821
  • IMAGE_00020.jpg
    IMAGE_00020.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 815
  • IMAGE_00023.jpg
    IMAGE_00023.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 819
  • IMAGE_00025.jpg
    IMAGE_00025.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 818
Well the collector is divided into 2. Runners 1&4 going to one side and 2&3 into the other and 1 wastegate on each divider.

Looks good. All I have to say is have fun welding up all those joints with the pipes and bends in the way :p

Looks good. All I have to say is have fun welding up all those joints with the pipes and bends in the way :p

He has it like that for mock up purposes only. He will detach the runners from the collector and the flange, and then weld them up separately.

LOL not trying to put words in you mouth.

pardon my newbieness but shouldnt they be equal in length? are they?

Maybe it's just the pic angles but on a couple of them the fitment doesn't look perfect. Other than that it looks real nice. What welder are you using to finish it up. Also did you make that collector or buy it premade? Good luck with the setup.

The pictures posted is only step 1. Its this way just to see the placement of the turbo and where the runners will run from/too. From there it gets sent out to get it all welded up. One I have that I add duel wastegate and have it ALL cleaned up.

Ill be posting up pictures soon of the manifold all welded up.

The pictures posted is only step 1. Its this way just to see the placement of the turbo and where the runners will run from/too. From there it gets sent out to get it all welded up. One I have that I add duel wastegate and have it ALL cleaned up.

Ill be posting up pictures soon of the manifold all welded up.

Thats what I figured, I was being a smartass ;). I couldn't imagine getting a tig torch in those really tight spots, I wouldn't want to do the job. Are you getting it polished or coated?

Thanks

Im glad most people like it as everything for this swap was custom.

I even had to custom the magnus intake manifold so that the 75mm TB does not git the brake booster.

I dont mean to be a negative nelly but is it just me or are those pipes a bit thin...?

Btw, great job on the fabrication....Just dont want you to regret using such a thin pipe if you can help it now instead of later....

Hell I'm probably wrong but you know...

This is the same piping used here in Canada by some race cars/street cars.

Piping is made from vibrant to make a custom manifold.

Collector was made by J&R here in Toronto. ( They make custom turbos, Intercoolers, rad's and they make the best exhaust manifolds around)

This is the same piping used here in Canada by some race cars/street cars.

Piping is made from vibrant to make a custom manifold.

Collector was made by J&R here in Toronto. ( They make custom turbos, Intercoolers, rad's and they make the best exhaust manifolds around)

Oh...then more power to ya. Nice job

Im glad most people like it.

Ill be posting up more pictures once it gets all welded up with the 2 wastegate set-up & placement of turbo.

That's a work of art... and it's going to take forever to weld up.

How did you come up with that design?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back