The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

I hate my custom exhaust.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It sounds like a lot of people who are complaining about noise aren't running cats. You would be amazed how much a cat can muffle the high frequency noise.

I'm running a 3in dp, test pipe, hand made 3in midpipe and a HUGE 3in. in 5in. out Weapon-R Can, this thing is massive, like 16in long and 8 in around, it really weeds out the anoying parts of a fulll 3 in system, no droning, no high pitched noises, just really open "throaty" exhaust note., its almost like open pipes, mins the "tractor" sound and droning, makes it aound camed at idle... i love it.

I fabbed up a 3" straight through, no resonator, and a magnaflow muffler exhaust.

I HATE how it sounds. I figured since it was straight through it would have a decent note, but the magnaflow sounds a bit ricer-ish. I don't know, it's just not the sound I enjoy.

I don't know what else to do except take it to an exhaust shop tomorrow and weld in a resonator to hopefully drown out the sound completely...

...anyone else have a shitty sounding exhaust?

Does magnaflow suck???

What the hell... I should video it....

I think i have the same muffler as you on my 3" turboback YouTube - 92 DSM exhaust idle

I don't see how any turbo DSM could sound ricey at all. Every DSM that I have seen has a deep throaty sound even with just a catback. Even though it's not as deep as my full 3 inch turbo back with 4.5 inch burn tip muffler :D

I have a 2.5in with a glass pack and I love it. It sounds comparable to my buddies 2.5 with a magnaflow.

Someone said in a different thread that welding a glass pack gives the exhaust a deeper tone. Is that true?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back