The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

wot in high gear car studders around 3k rpms-4k rpms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pOlAkGSX

Probationary Member
Sep 27, 2003
when i hit full boost at wot on the highway lets say in 5th gear, my car will studder almost like its hitting fuel cut, i dont know whats goin on so if anyone can help let me know, my car is a 2g gsx, i have a 3"turbo back exhaust, dejon tool 2.75" intake. profec b 2 boost controller, safc2, walbro 255, magnecor 8.5's, and 2.5 inch upper ic pipes. if anyone can help me out that would be great. this happens when boost is around 13-15 psi, and this never happens in 1st or second and it never happens when out of the 3k-4k rpm range.

thanx
pete

Have you checked to make sure your spark plugs/wires are good? Might want to swap those iridium spark plugs for some regular NGKs. When was the last time you replaced your fuel filter? Do you have a datalogger for your car?

I would agree that it is most likely the fuel filter or an ignition problem somewhere.

just installed brand new 8.5mm magnecors and the spark plugs are iridium and fairly new

iridium plugs are made for turbo cars and magnecore wires suck i put a set on thet they were arching out like crazy

this was goin on in my 91 tsi as well i found that my reg ngk were running to hot and had to go with a 7 or 8 what i mean by 7 or 8 is the part number for the plug its like bpr6 something like that i got the bpr7someting and the seemed to correct the problem

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back