The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

wiseco or JE stroker pistons?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dSmgs-T

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2007
harleysville, Pennsylvania
im in the middle of building my 2.3 bottom end right now. i just recently went with wiseco 8.8:1 pistons. since ordering them i have kind of changed my mind, thinking i should go with lower compression to run more boost.

i looked into the JE stroker pistons(8.5:1) and don't really know if its WORTH that much to switch from the wisecos. as of right now talking to my machinist the head wont need to be decked, but im still a little wary as i want to run a decent amount of boost on the s362 ett (mid 30's atleast)

thanks in advance,
joe

Stay with the wiseco's. I had JE's before and they slap like all hell on a turbo motor. I'm told it's because they don't change the alloy for the extra the expansion as compared to the non turbo pistons they make. I've got wiseco's now nad they don't slap at all hardly MAYBE once in a while on a quick stab at the gas from idle.. Also .3 in compression isn't going to make that much difference.

You could just run E85 and go 10:1 :D

i kind of figured stick with the wisecos, which is what i did. i just wanted to get some other options first.

i dont think i want to run e85 on this car, i have tossed the idea around many times but i think i want it to be a 93pump 600whp car :D

i want to get the 2.3 stroker kit too, does the sbr one rate it for up to 800hp?

i dont remember if they use I beam rods or not. i am pretty sure they use H's which will only be good for about 6-650.

Stick with wiseco's. I had both and like Glenn said the JE's slap terrible. Went thru two sets melting JE bc my tuning was a little off. Have had no problem with my wiseco's yet( Touching wood as I say this)

Stick with wiseco's. I had both and like Glenn said the JE's slap terrible. Went thru two sets melting JE bc my tuning was a little off. Have had no problem with my wiseco's yet( Touching wood as I say this)

knocking on wood?! ROFL ROFL

Wiseco have very good clearance ratings and are best known on daily drivers

From what ive read, JE are better for Race engines that daily drivers because of their clearnace

thanks for all the input guys... i already ended up using the wiseco pistons .020 over with eagle h beams and 100mm crank!

hopefully this build will be done by late spring:pray:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back