The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2.3L Wiseco Pistons Rings Install Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95blackGsTurbo

DSM Wiseman
Aug 10, 2003
Algona, Iowa
Ok I am for some reason having a hell of a time installing my rings, I have them all clearanced and I have the top and 2nd rings on but I am kinda stumped when it comes to this oil rail support ring. If I am reading right this goes under all 3 oiling rings? I can't get anything to fit when I do that and Wiseco is gonna be closed tomorrow and really wanna get this done over Christmas break. Anyone have any insight as to the order the rings go on. I have the standard rings but an extra one labeled oil rail support ring.

Please refrain from replying unless you know what you are talking about. Stroker pistons have 4 oiling rings not 3 like a regular engine.

Well I called Wiseco and got an answer and thought I would post it up . The Oil Rail Support ring goes under the oiling rings, with the dowel facing down. The dowel goes in the wrist pin area so that is cannot spin with the rest of the rings.

Yeah that might have been a bit confusing. There are the standard 3 oiling rings but there is a 4th that goes under them to support them because of the wrist pin being moved up on the piston.

The package that the oil rails support ring is in explains everything you needed to know. I dont know how you missed that.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Well mine must have been misboxed then because I had no instructions with them for the oil rail support.

Sorry, didnt mean to sound like an ass. ;)

For future reference I attached a pic of the info that came with mine.

Attachments

• ring oil.JPG
    ring oil.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,551
The package that the oil rails support ring is in explains everything you needed to know. I dont know how you missed that.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Amen brother. Everything I needed to know was in the package. Shit, I still have them.

And yes, the 4th ring is the oil rail support ring, due to the fact that the wrist pin is pushed up so far, it nearly protrudes into the ring groove, thus needing the support ring.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back