The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ok anyone with wiseco pistons in their stroker with high boost and or spray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AL92

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2003
regina, SK_Canada
If you got wisecos and high boost and or spray want to know what piston to wall clearance you used and the gap of your top and 2nd ring.
And if you have any rpoblems with piston slap or anything else.I think wiseco has recommended a fairly tight gap of .0035 and .019 and .021 for 2nd ring.
Some guys are saying thats too tight still.My box says .0025.

I set the gap to what wiseco said and havent had a problem on mine. I run about 28 pounds at the track. Its been there about 10 times and has about 15000 miles on it and i have yet to have any problems.

I run .0028 on mine plus the coating wears off giving another .003 -.005 thou. I haven't had any problems 4k miles on the engine now, but if I were to build it again, I would have went .0032 on clearances.

I run the same clearances as Dan and have run as high as 30 psi. No problems here yet (knock on wood).

I am pretty sure we set mine to .0035 and the ring gaps to what was mentioned above mabye even .023 on second ring.I planned on putting some shots of spray thru my engine so a bit looser seemed like a good idea. I don't seem to see any oil coming out the back or hear much if any piston slap when cold or warm. I have 2000 miles on my engine. I would think .0030 would be a good number too and if didn't use spray don't sound like much higher would be necessary. The important thing with wiseco is they measure the wall clearance differently so the wiseco .0025 is more like think .004 measured say the way ross does. So a good machine shop is important.

I just got my Pistons In, and brought them to my machinist. We thought it best just to go by what Wiseco had printed down... As for the 1st ring gap He came up with .014? does that sound about right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back