The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wiring harness HELP??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostedtsi0069

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 16, 2006
miami, Florida
Hey guys well my car is running good except it hits a wall at wot. My previous dsm did the same thing and it was the TPS sensor. Ima change mine because i checked it and it dont give out power nor ground, The thing is that where it plugs into the other side of the connection four wires go out, now i have a big wiring issue in my car its all scattered and cut wires and ugly connections with other wires(everytime i look at it i feel like throwing the car away). So i know one wire supposed to go the air flow sensor but i looked at the plug of the maf and i dont see the wire i was following, also idk where else the other ones go to I need some sort of pic of a 1g 1990 wiring harness cus this thing is driving me crazy. Can anyone help? Or let me know where the wires go so i can check them and see if there going to the right place? Thanks any help appreciated. PLEASE!!:talon:

www.vfaq.com

that should have some pics and or wiring diagrams.. its a good place to start... why is you wiring harness all hacked up? if it comes down to it, you may just want to get another from a juckyard for 75 bucks... thats only if you cant fix the problem... do you have a shop manual? cause if you dont, you should get one.. this is one of the reasons it handy to have them, for they all have full wiring schematics in the back....

The FSM will be your best friend in this situation. You can buy the book, the cd, or download the pdf file for it. There is a whole volume just on electrical. Take your time and fix everything correct the first time or start over with a different harness as stated above.

The Mitchells 1990 wiring diagrams show only 3 wires to the TPS: green/red is power from ECU pin 23 (also goes to airflow sensor pin 4); green/black is sensor ground from ECU pins 17 & 24; green/white is signal to ECU pin 19.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back