The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

wire tuck, now car runs like ishhhhh.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1L3S

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2012
maple grove, Minnesota
I did a minor wire tuck. Ran the wires that lay across fuel rail, behind Intake.

Only wires I extend were

Injectors 3,2,1
Wires that run the spark plug wires(distributor?)
The plug that sits on the throttle body

Now I rechecked all connections. I sautered them. Car runs fine with wires.in stock location, but when tucked runs like its chocking or.theres a huge boost leak(no boost leaks I already tested)

It builds really choppy boost, like my injectors or plugs arent in sequence, or.something is off. Its not a nice smooth rev, its really choppy and sounds like a 2 cylinder

Sounds like you crossed a wire to me. Did you hook up your spark plug wires correctly, or did you accidently hook up a wire to the ignition coils backwards?

Sounds like you crossed a wire to me. Did you hook up your spark plug wires correctly, or did you accidently hook up a wire to the ignition coils backwards?

I checked that. I wonder where I could find all the volt measurements for injectors and everything else, maybe check it with my volt gauge?

Sucks cause I only did the tuck and clean to make the bay look good for this weekends cookout, but now I might not even make it :( vanity, LOL bay does look sexy though :)

Hell yea, we're all getting prepped for the cookout! I'm about to do this same thing when I put my head back on. How did you lengthen the wires? Are they the same gauge? Is a wire being pinched somewhere?

Hell yea, we're all getting prepped for the cookout! I'm about to do this same thing when I put my head back on. How did you lengthen the wires? Are they the same gauge? Is a wire being pinched somewhere?

I don't think wires are crimped. Im going to check volts everywhere tomorrow :/ hopefully figure something out. No ideas anyone?

Your probably getting a short or voltage drop when they are tucked. I would watch out for them getting heated up by the head and melting. If you do figure it out make sure you wrap them up good to resist the heat.

Your probably getting a short or voltage drop when they are tucked. I would watch out for them getting heated up by the head and melting. If you do figure it out make sure you wrap them up good to resist the heat.

So I dug Into it today. Turns out im getting 12.65 volts on 3/4 of my injectors

The injector closest to the timing gears (cylinder 1) isnt reading anything

So I cut it and checked volts at the harness thinking it was because of my shitty solder job.

Well its only reading 2 volts at the harness. So what could be zapping or not giving it power ? But powering 3/4 ? Worst case scenario can I just splice Into one of the othier injectors?

I believe splicing would mess with the firing pattern making the injector you wired into the other injector spray both at the same time when they recieve signal. I don't think that wording makes since... LOL
Must be getting shorted somewhere or not making good contact (wire that is starting to break)

I believe splicing would mess with the firing pattern making the injector you wired into the other injector spray both at the same time when they recieve signal. I don't think that wording makes since... LOL
Must be getting shorted somewhere or not making good contact (wire that is starting to break)

What if I spliced into injector 4 ? Because isnt the firing order 1n4, then 3n2, ? As in the combustion cycle ? So wouldn't in theory taking that signal not cause any issues ? Just spitballing here :p

I think that pertains to the plug wires. I could be wrong however. I'd just do it right and find the problem.

If it was only that easy :confused:

Im going to try and find the constant power wire and just do a direct ground ? See if that works ?

If it does im guessing then its the ecu? Cause the ecu closes the ground to complete the circuit right ?

So im guessing the pulse and clicking you hear when a injector runs is it turning on and off.

Because I hooked up a ground to the constant and it must have had the injector wide open. Because my car instantly ran like shit. And I discovered a hair line crack in my manifold that was erupting with e85. So that sucks .......... looks like no cook out for me :( any ideas anyone ?

The idea is that you need to repair the wiring to that injector properly, and not hack anything else. Go through the wiring meticulously and systematically to find your problem. A wiring issue you may have caused in your changes is not going to be something someone can fix for you over the internet.

If you figure out the issue I have an extra 2g manifold you could throw on so you can make it to the cookout on Sunday.

Work your way back towards the ECU checking everything remotely related to the injectors. Also, check your resistor pack (if you are using it) and see if everything is wired right there. That would be a likely candidate for a single injector to not work.

injector 3 was grounding out. injector 1 must of been loseing current because of it, thus the 2 volt reading ?

so i was running super rich

i fixed the issue and she runs just like she was before.

although putting my finger on injector 1 it dosent feel as strong of a click as the rest of the injectors, but hey its running.

my buddy is going to tig weld the crack so hopefully ill be good to go for the cookout.:hellyeah:

just awaiting the next issue :p:banghead:

Awesome, glad to hear! Hopefully finishing up my car tomorrow. See you there!

Yeah I am down to meet up before as long as I can get my tranny in tonight and get it running before Sunday. First time installing a awd tranny so hopefully it goes smoothly! And for uploading pictures you have to go advanced and then copy the url from photo bucket and paste it in the insert image option.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back