The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Wire identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryndon

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2014
Bulgaria, Europe
Hey all.

I tried looking at the electrical manual but I can't figure out these two wires anywhere.

Basically one is green with a red stripe, comes from somewhere behind and beneath the glove box (it also has a metal boot on the end and it looks factory). The other is black with red marks, comes from the wire loom just above the glove box and also looks factory, but has bare wires sticking out. Does anyone know what they could be for?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

green and red is probably to the glove compartment light switch

Last edited:
green and red could also go to the tweeter. actually i think both wires are for the speakers cause the only wires i could find with the red markings instead of the usual silver, was on the plugs for the tweeters (front speaker)

Hey thanks! For some reason I didn't get a notification that someone replied to my thread.

If I think about it, I don't think my tweeters in the dash work. Also I don't think I have a light when I open the glove box. So maybe, possibly, both these wires are for these things!

I'll investigate when I can and report back if I fix it or find out what they are for specifically.

Alright so looking through my post history is good because it allows me to come back and update on the issue, which will hopefully help people down the road.

@dustyboner you were right, that green-red wire was in fact for the glove box switch which triggers the light. I think I fixed that a few months ago but forgot to update this!

HOWEVER, I'm bringing this back since I still haven't found out what the Black-Red wire is for! I was messing with the passenger airbag today and noticed the other end of the black wire had a ground strap end and was bolted to one of the two 10mm bolts for the airbag. But for the life of me I couldn't find where the wire originates from. The big multi-wire harness that goes behind the glove box doesn't seem to have any wires sticking out.

Can anybody please check behind their glove boxes and look for that Black-Red small ground wire? It definitely looks factory but I've scoured both manuals, read all the diagrams, I cannot find this goddamn wire :confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back