The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

HELP! Wire Identification.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khubs

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2010
Roseville, California
Hey forum,

Ok so a little back story. I installed a Walbro 190 and STM rewire kit. When I pulled the old Fuel pump out it was a Walbro 255LPH. Obviously someone was in there. And my gas gauge stops at 1/4 tank, but that is a different story.

My question is I noticed the owner before me splice into the two wires circled below and had a surface mounted trimming potentiometer spliced into the two wires. My question is what do you guys think he was trying to accomplish? It is the thick black wire off the fuel pump connection and a yellow wire with silver dots off the other connection that is under the silver lid you remove.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also he crimped two black wires together that run off the fuel pump connector. One is thick and one is thin I am assuming they are both just grounds. Can someone confirm?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any help is appreciated.

they may be grounds, i would have to check it out, im getting ready to rewire mine here in a min. so you installed the 190 even though you had a 255? maybe the potentiometer was to lower the voltage, dropping the flow instead of him getting a better afpr to not overrun the engine with fuel?

a question for you, what are you doing with the other walbro not being used??

Not sure about yours, but my local library has the Alldata online database for free! Go to (or call) The library and ask if they have it. I use it for all of my wiring dilema's.

Thanks guys.

Yea I didnt know there was a 255 in there so I bought the 190 and I am nowhere near using a 255 yet. So I kept the 190 in there. the 255 is just sitting there for now.

I am not savvy with pc's so forgive me if this link does not work, but I believe this might be what he was trying to attempt http://web.archive.org/web/20080306115355/www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Cockpit/6144/DSM_Home/2G_Fix_It_Center/flakey_gas_guage.html[/URL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back