The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Reed

Probationary Member
Aug 30, 2018
chanute, Kansas
I'm at my wit's end on why my wipers will not work. I know it's an electrical issue because I can put a jumper wire on the battery and w-motor and every thing works fine. But, when the pig tail is hooked up I get nothing, no wipers and no spray from the washer tank.

It's a 94 eclipse 1.8l manual trans. Iv'e put in multiple fuses to no avail, even replaced that (all-in-one) wiper/headlight switch and even that didn't fix the issue. I'm pretty sure the wiring is not to blame. I inspected as much as I could without striping the tape and stuff off. I can't find any wiring diagrams that even mention a wiper anything. I'm positive that there has to be a relay some where. There is a mystery relay just hanging out on the firewall about 6-inches away from the wiper motor, unmarked of course, not sure what that does. Can some one please help before I consider selling it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back