The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

window problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullbren17

Proven Member
Nov 29, 2012
Chadron, Nebraska
I know this isn't electrical, but I had no idea where to post. My window in my 1g got harder and harder to roll up. Tonight I went out to roll it up and it poped. It sounded like something broke inside. My window falls down now, and the kid next door has sticky fingers and gas stolen out of my vehicles before. I haven't taken it off yet. Did anyone else gave this problem or have a idea if what it could be? And I forgot to mention it was a crank window.

Pull your door panel off and take a look see. That's about the only way your gonna be able to tell. I'm not sure but if it's like the power windows. The bolts that hold the window, may have backed out. That pop you may have heard was probably the plastic clips on the bottom of the window snapping, causing the window to drop.

I pulled it off and found the cable have snapped. The window regulator got jammed up with the wire braking and in winding. I think I need new cables and window regulator. But I have no idea where to find these parts because I'm on a tight budget and the closest 1g eclipse in a selvage yard is 300 miles away. Any selvage sights that would sell these parts for cheap. Do you guys think the 2g window cranks and cables are the same as the 1gs?. And thank you for your input :)

I either use jnz or rockauto for most parts, because a 1g in a salvage yard around me is like finding a needle in a haystack. You could try millerimports, he usually has hard to find parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back