The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash Wideband Friendly with Evoscan/ Ecuflash

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have an AEM and it plays fine with evoscan, I plan on switching to Innovate this summer though, they look better and claim to be more accurate. Both are solid choices.

Yeah, I know you're one of the guys that know how to touch evoscan/ ecuflash. I was hoping you chime in. So aem is fine then. I'm saving $$$ where I can.

Yep, just solder the wires into a comm port and then plug it into your laptop, my laptop doesnt have a comm port so i need to use a comm to usb adapter. Then simply go into evoscan in the top menu bar where it says wideband select your comm port and then it logs fine under "External Wideband A/F Ratio"

I went with the Innovate MTX instead. Did a search on here and many vouch for it. Aem was problematic somewhat of a bad pick out of the litter type deal.

Good choice, Like i said i am switching and i cant wait, just need the funds.

Just to add for those who find this thread later on with the same question. I have an AEM UEGO that I log with Evoscan; I'm looking to upgrade to the Innovate MTX-L. I like my AEM and all, but I only got it instead of the LC1 because I didn't want to deal with the controller. Plus, the MTX-L wasn't available at the time.

If you're looking to log it through the ECU, AEM is a PITA. Every revision uses a different formula, and none of the formulas are straight-forward. Why they make them such a PITA for 5v logging is beyond my understanding. In my case, no formula I found worked to get mine to read/log properly, so I've settled with tweaking a formula to make it "close-enough" to what the gauge actually reads.

Meanwhile, if you're planning to log it via a serial port or USB adapter, I hear they work just fine. Since you're running the H8 ECU, you wouldn't really have a problem there. In my case I want to use it for the safety features of Tephramods on the Evo 8 ECU, so I need to log it through the ECU. Now that I know that the ECU is setup in particular for the nice and stable LC1/MTX-L and not for the AEM (too many revisions to code) I'm opting to move to Innovate.

The Innovate gauges offer a faster refresh rate, stable/standard formulas for your ECU or Evoscan, a wider range of readable AFR values, two user definable 5v outputs, and the MTX-L doesn't require a controller. Short of having to calibrate the sensor once in a while, it's a much better option in my opinion.

I'm glad to see you chose the MTX-L in the end, I'd say you've made the right choice.

I also run the AEM wideband and have had zero issues running it with ECUFlash/Evoscan.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back