The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECUflash Need Tuning help with Ecuflash & Evoscan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXeclipsePSI

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2003
New Port Richey, Florida
I will make another log within the next day or so. I don't take the GSX out much. But I just finished rebuild her, and ceddy been helping me with ecuflash and tuning.

The car feels fine, just up top feels like it could be outputting more above 5500. If someone is good at ecuflash and tuning here is my datalogs and my ecuflash file. If you can make some changes and show me some changes you made I can see what I have to do. Im not looking for anything crazy just I wanna run 24psi for now, I feel its holding back after 5500. 3500 to 5000 feels amazing. All mods are in my profile.

Wideband is logged under Rear02. Voltage table on AEM pdf.

.50v = 11 afr
1.09v = 12.18
1.87v = 13.74
2.34v = 14.68

I will log WB AFR different next time, I know the volts conversion isn't good.

thanks
Kendel

LOGS
Download Kendel Logs.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

ECUflash files
Download Fixed1-Kendel's 1st Ver.11 ROM-BigMaps-FuelM-Leaned.hex from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

looking at your most recent 3rd gear pull at 23 psi
your in the 260 load column. to make things easier in the future move rpm,timing advance, wbo2, afrmap,knocksum, loadcalc to top of evoscan window and only log these things

Are you sure your running 12:1? it looks like you are at 10:1 from the afrmap in the ecu. which wideband do you have.
I'd leave it at 10:1 for now and just try incleasing the timing a few percent. Your not knocking to any real extent so you have some room.:thumb:

thanks, yeah timing feels like it needs to be increased. I'm use to a AFC tune so thats why I feel like I need more timing. My AFR are in the 11-12s while at WOT. I know I logged extra things I just wanted to get an idea. My climb from 48mph to 108 is great and wanted to see it played back on the gauges on evoscan.

I have a AEM Uego. What do you mean by the maps on the ecu look 9s to 10s and I end up with a 11-12 afr on the wideband.

I will make some changes and post. Its been raining and I don't take the car out in the rain since I have a daily driver I try to keep the car clean.... Nerdy I know.

Just took the car out in the rain. And I was spinning tires whenever I could. Sliding sideways at turns and things were fine. I was going 1,2,3 fine.

Then one traffic light I don't gun it and let 1st out, then hit 2nd and the thing starts sputtering at me but NO knock. I don't why it does that sometimes.

Yea I use to have a SAFC-2 but I ditched it for the Ecuflash option

Holy crap man, you definetly need to add some timing in the 4-5k rpm and 270-280 Mut2load cels. Also try increasing timing a bit after your peak load (the area you refered to as it "holding back" but i honestly don't think there's much you can do there). Why don't you just plug in an equation under the o2 in evoscan? That you can see actual afr's in your log and not have to convert from voltage to afr.

This is the section of your 3rd gear 23psi log im refering to.
rpm timing adv
3718.75 8
3843.75 8
4031.25 0
4062.5 -3
4281.25 -1
4468.75 -2
4656.25 -3
4718.75 -2
4968.75 -1
5062.5 -1
5218.75 0
5343.75 1
5406.25 1
5593.75 2
5687.5 2
5781.25 3
5937.5 5
6093.75 5
6125 5
6343.75 7
6375 7
6531.25 8
6531.25 9

I don't know why its hitting negative timing in those areas but try bumping up the timing like i said. One last thing if your going into the 12's in terms of afr thats wayy too lean if its on pump gas.

what should I be on on pump gas? And how do I get the afr from the 02 in evoscan. How much timing should I add, increments of 1s?

16G cars do kind of die off power wise after 6000 rpm, but if you have cams that should help.

You can add some timing advance, but first you need to get your Wideband and Fuel Map in order.

Log Wideband and AFRMap at WOT and adjust Injector Size so they match, then change the Fuel Map to around 11:1 at WOT.

Then start adding timing advance a degree at a time till you get some knock, then subtract a degree so you are knock free.

So I adjust the cc size for the injectors or change dead times and what not. And I watched all the evoflash video's but some things go over my head.

I do have cams and part throttle feels great, and also car responds best right now in 3rd at 3800rpms car feels awesome like I said after 5500rpms boost is still solid and needs timing. Im gonna log tonight. I wish there was a easier way to tune near me like a dyno, cause doing 40 to 110 in 7sec isn't long but trying to find road space so I don't get caught is hard.

And I keep thinking my timing belt is too loose, but when its cold its sloppy feeling but warmed up it feels fine. My mitsu belt didn't do that but this gates one does, its just the plain black one.

So if I'm running leaner then my maps then I wanna change my injector size thats what I gather from ceddys webpage under TUNING / Injectors

Ok I went out did what was asked of me. I have a few logs, I would make changes then log. I have posted 2 ecuflashs one is the last one I used for last log, and the last ecuflash is my next one to log when I go out.

I got alittle sputter but I think it has to do with my plugs and COP setup. I have them gapped for stock on bpr7es and I never had this problem before rebuild and COP setup. Should I try the settings for the COP from this thread 2G COP vs Ceddy Mods?

I think I got the hang of it, let me know what you guys think. The car feels different under load I guess thats the difference in timing, it feels stronger not faster for say. Now the AFRmaps and WB are getting closer, should I keep trying to lower the injectors? I thought I bought 680cc. I know they were used and all but I traded them even trade for my 550's. This thread from EvoXForums says u may lower the scaling then raise it later on for fuel trims, does this not apply to us?

My next question is how to read the fuel trims. On my old pocketlogger it was really simple + or - and the %. And Idk if me and ceddy went over this earlier but are my fuel trims changing? It seems to say .1 all the time and I see a few spots of changing values.

LOGS
+1 Timing - Injector scaling 621cc
Download Kendel - 21-22psi - Injectors 621 +1 timing.csv from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

+2 Timing - Injector scaling 609cc
Download Kendel - 21-22psi - Injectors 609 +2 timing.csv from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

LAST LOG & ECUFLASH
Download LastLog+ECUflashSettings.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

ECUFLASH settings next time out for a log

Injector Scaling 575cc +4 timing
Download Fixed1-Kendel's 1st Ver.11 ROM-BigMaps-FuelM-Leaned-inj 575-timing.hex from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Last edited:
fuel trims reading .106 in evoscan means that its not reading, keep driving around and it will start reading on its own UNLESS your maf is scaled to hell and the ecu simply can't compensate and has maxxed out the fuel trims. And again like me and ceddy said there's not going to be much you can do above 5k with a 16g.

My trims didn't change even with 200 miles on the 1st flash I did on the break-in. I never touched any other settings for the maf so what should I look at to figure out why I don't have fuel trim readings.

are you saying you don't know what size injectors your running? I like the wide band data on the last pull you did its pretty close to 11, you can still get it closer though. Looks like you still have room for more timing too since its still not knocking. please do move the important items i mentioned in my first post to the top of evoscan so its easy to find the important items. I couldn't find your timing data though...

Timing data is there. How do you move items in evoscan, I tried dragging them but nothing. I assume the injectors are 680cc PTE's as I bought them used from someone and now after I read that post on EvoXforums I listed above it says that you might be in the 544-570 range for the scaling on PTE 680's so I think I do have 680's.

SO update I didn't log last night cause I had too much going on but I was running a solid 11.2 @ WOT on 22psi.

The car feels amazing at 14psi and needs more fine tunning for the higher boost so I'm doing good.

I am currently at Injectors 554, had to take some timing away at 3500-4000 leave was getting 4 counts of knock according to knock light. I'll make a few more pulls today.

The exhaust note is changing so I know I'm doing good, cruise and part throttle is more like stock again. When at WOT is sounds smoother with less re-verb like how they tell you too tune idle on an AFC by exhaust noise

Last edited:
Ok I got them to move thanks. So should I be trying to get the WB to match the AFRMaps to what degree. I know there will be a difference cause of distance of the WB and what not, but when should I give up trying to lower the scaling? Cause without making everything over 100load rich (10.5 or 9s) the numbers are gonna fluctuate to match the varying stock big maps AFRs.

For misfires this might fix my problem without adjusting dwell times

COP BOOT FIX

My boots length was fine, I just had to bore out the rubber a bit, added some boot grease and it was like a perfect install, the old way of mashing them down was retarded.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back