The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

WHY THE FVCK does this always happen to ME@!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the 95-96 (or in your case 98) headlights are really cheap on ebay (OEM of course) i also have had bad experiences with the projectors. beautiful car, sorry that happened

keep me updated on how much your hood was, im in the market for one too but shipping.. is ridiculous!

97-99 OEM eclipse headlights have black housing on them.
The cheap-o ebay headlights/projector/angel eye leak and fog up if it gets below 50 degrees. It dont look to good when that happens.

$2400 sounds like an awful lot for repairs. I had 2 new fenders put on, sprayed, quite a bit of rust removed and fiberglasses/welded for $1000. It is good work and the paint will last a long time.

I later forgot to latch my hood and it flew up on me. New winsheild -$240 New hood from junkyard - $80 + paint - $150.
Dont go to a stealership for body work. They will rape your pocketbook. Go to a respectable auto body (NOT MACCO). Look around for the best deal. good luck dude.

Man $2400 dont pay that much your getting ripped off, you could fix it yourself for about a grand.

I had the same thign happen.

Hood- 125 from a friend.
Fender- 120 shipped
Headlight-50 from a friend
Paint- 250 for hood and fender

545 total

bingo.

I primered all the parts myself btw

LOL valentines gift from the Ho.

its a reputable autobody repair shop, 2400$ written to the shop, he told me i can get allthe parts on my own, pay his labor, and pocket the rest.

so the oem eclipse headlights will work perfect? I may order them from that site listed above, auto wholesale, are these oem quality from that site, or junk just like ebay? they are like 150$ or someting.

be a lot easier than getting projectors.
deft racing has uber cheap cf hoods for like 75 shipping.

question. I have been looking at Ebay for fenders, and most state (this is without side air dam)

and on the wholesale website it claims to (have the hole for turbo models)
WTF? will any fender not work?

also, the headlights i find are for 95 and 96 eclipses, OR 95 - 98 talon.
will 97 - 99 eclipse headlamps Not Work?

97-99 eclipse lights SHOULD work for the vehicle. Its the same front end (chassis) and the use identical spec parts.

Lordpaxin said:
question.

also, the headlights i find are for 95 and 96 eclipses, OR 95 - 98 talon.
will 97 - 99 eclipse headlamps Not Work?

They will work you will just have a little gap from the corner of the light to the bumper.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

95-98 talon headlights are the same, but on the eclipse they changed the headlights slighty in 97..

YOur better off driving withought headlights than these. I personly didnt care for them. If you want the black housing you can easily paint the inside of the light, and take oput the amber corner. This is a picture of what my buddie did with his headlights.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/Spoolin95DSM/lights2.jpg They look realy nice on the car. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/Spoolin95DSM/newstuff7.jpg

Also if you buy those projectors off ebay. You will need the wires that run through the lights. The ones that connect to the bulbs. They didnt come with mine, and they didnt come with my buddies. So im guessing thats just how they come. We had to break apet the stock lights to get these out.

well I definatly donot want a gap, LOL.

i have gotten a few offers from the classifieds for 50$ and 30$ or so for a replacement lamp.
Ill probly just do that, get the cleanest one, and save the cash for the turbo setup.

thanks, everybody.

any words on the quality of the many many fenders on ebay and junk for 90$ plus shipping new primered ready to ship stuff>

Lordpaxin said:
well I definatly donot want a gap, LOL.

i have gotten a few offers from the classifieds for 50$ and 30$ or so for a replacement lamp.
Ill probly just do that, get the cleanest one, and save the cash for the turbo setup.

thanks, everybody.

any words on the quality of the many many fenders on ebay and junk for 90$ plus shipping new primered ready to ship stuff>
my new from the factory fender was 173 if i remember correctly. unpainted that is. just fyi

I just replaced a passenger side fender on my car. $54.75 www.certifit.com Part # MTEC01C1.

They WILL NOT SHIP, so you'd have to search for a location in your area, if there even is one. Thing fits fine.

As far as headlights, I had 97-99 Eclipse headlights on my 97 Talon, the white one in my profile, and the gap didn't look REMOTELY as awful as the white one posted in this thread with the aftermarket crap ones.

Use ebay. It is very much your friend in a situation like this. I saw a few people selling their custom black housing 95-96 Eclipse/95-98 Talon headlights. Look good.

Sorry to hear about that, I remember hearing about your 3000gt & the light pole/curb incident, and that Talon is really clean.

If you don't know what it is, then you don't have an air dam. When I ordered one, they asked me a similar question. Just go with what you know...it's okay. Plus you can see it in the picture there...looks right.

I have ordered a fender from Ebay before that camed to me PAINTED. It was called Virtual Body Shop and I did a search for you, but found nothing. So I guess they don't exist anymore...not sure why not.

Thanks for searching for me,
I orderd a fender on ebay for 108$ shipped, i dont have the air dam thing, i showed the guy a picture of my car and he promised it was the right part. LOL.
ordered a headlamp too.
spend 300$ of the 2400$ im getting to fix this.
spend 500$ on a carbon fiber hood.

1600$ left to get all the paint done and whats left i keep.

We both have shitty luck dude and sad thing is we both know it... :(
Sucks to see that happen to the new talon hopefully you'll get your ass outa hicktown and stop seeing dears/snow!

Joke bro,
Goodluck,
John

DiamondStarM said:
They refer to the factory sideskirts as the air damn, if you had skirts you would want a fender with the holes for mounting them.

Yes, like me. I ordered the wrong fender haha. :tease: @ me.

Lordpaxin said:
www.deftracing.com

470$ shipped for oem carbon hood. think its junk?

I think the problem with carbon-fiber hoods is that everyone thinks you gotta buy ViS or pay $600 for one for it to be right.

However, my old CF hood clouded and crack from heat from the exhaust manifold. I think as long as you put the heat shield from the OEM hood on the CF one it should be fine. My old hood was some Made In Taiwan crap, and the CF weave even looked like garbage. Even though I'm sure they'd never post negative feedback about their own company on their site, there's a lot of good things said about them on there.

I'd go for it. Heck, I might order one from them.

...and some vertical door kits too...:rolleyes:

98RedGs said:
We both have shitty luck dude and sad thing is we both know it... :(
Sucks to see that happen to the new talon hopefully you'll get your ass outa hicktown and stop seeing dears/snow!

Joke bro,
Goodluck,
John

Bwahahahahahahaha

Lordpaxin said:
Bwahahahahahahaha
I'm working on trading a b20 swapped DA teg for a 1991 AWD DSM that is in fair condition.
Kid just don't seem to know what he has to be honest... tho seems the interior could be better conditioned... :(

Thanks,
John

i am making fun of you for calling deer "dears"

ordered the hood 470$ shipped

so totals
180$ shipped new headlamp
108 shipped fender
470 shipped hood

758$ for ALL the parts.
all that is left is painting the fender and attaching the bumper.

oh yea! big cash in mah pockets

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back