The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Who needs a 2g knock sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Found a few 2g knock sensors....I think.
I ordered one and the order went through for my 98 TSI, so if anyone is needing one, you might want to get on here and give it a shot. I am hoping that they don't cancel my order but when I ordered mine, the page said there were 10 left.
This is where I found them:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ks32+knock+sensor&i=automotive&ref=nb_sb_noss

Good luck and crossing fingers!
Marty

Well it is on its way.......
As long as I can GET the correct sensor, thats the one I'll run. And apparently, there are still a few around, minus one! :)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
nn

Well, the extinct part number KS32 Knock Sensor for 2g DSM's CAME IN TODAY from AMAZON (Autoplicity).
I figured that it was too good to be true, but yet, I have it. I looked on Amazon and there is ONE still available in case anyone needed one, I am just getting the news out there. :thumb:

Link :
https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Mot...nsor&qid=1554140821&s=gateway&sr=8-5-fkmrnull

Good luck!
Marty

When and if I get to her motor, she would need it. Probably factory sensor in her!
Thanks, I was VERY surprised too.
Others might want to consider it. I feel lucky.

My knock sensor needed replaced so I checked the Amazon link and there's still plenty of them left a year later. Maybe they've found a good source in Taiwan... I found one local here at O'Reilly's in Lawndale, CA...the same part KS32, from Standard Motor. $80 out the door. It saved me a couple of dollars over the Amazon one plus shipping. If I was a Prime member it would have been cheaper at Amazon. But this one looks pretty good. I'm going to install it today. Any tips?
1) Does it really make a difference for the sensitivity depending on the torque setting?

2) Should I be careful where I run the wiring so as not to pick up any extra noise anywhere?

Other advice is appreciated. DSM forums has been a gold mine. Thanks for all your help!

According to an engineer at Standard Motors, they sourced the KS32 out to Taiwan and the KS28, 1g sensor has been completely discontinued. I asked, that was the answer about 2 weeks ago.
Glad you found some!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back