The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Who is using a SCM-3431E turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHIZZLE99GST

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 22, 2005
Lascassas, Tennessee
-Who is using SCM-3431E turbo? http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=2195&
-Is it worth it to go to external wastegate over internal on this turbo?
-How much HP are people getting with this turbo and what rpm does it spool at on a 2.0 engine?
-If there are any other suggestions on which turbo to go with that bolts directly on to stock o2 housing and exhaust manifold and can get me in the 11s with my GST please post with the information.

Here is the link for my other post of the setup I want: http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1819124#post1819124

Please feel free to post any suggestions... thanx... :dsm:

i have it. well the bb version of it. i was flowing 35lbs at 12 psi. im also using an internal gate

thats all i can tell you that will be useful

11s on a 2G GST in not easy. Here's a suggestion and a comment. Suggestion: better clutch, wideband and alot of time behind the wheel. I just read through most of your mods, and I think you should make engine management and a 6bolt swap your first priority. I learned my lesson and I'm tring to correct a few things. Just remember to do it right the first time. Nevertheless, we are in the same boat, but I am only aiming to run mid/low 12s on an even bigger turbo (60-1....mph makes me smile). My 6 bolt swap will be complete next week, including trans rebuild w/LSD:thumb:

Have you considered cams, water injection?

Oh BTW, I had my share of boost control issues. Internal wastegates do work, but controlling boost on large turbos can become a handfull. Im pretty sure most people agree that actuators just dont cut it after you get past the 16g stage.

External is always recommended with any "real" turbo :)

2G's are heavier, and I really don't think a 57-trim on a stock motor will get you the power needed to hit the 11's.

Maybe with a SMIM and cams (I.E. maxing the turbo out,) but otherwise I really don't think it'll happen.

Coup D E'Tat said:
2G's are heavier, and I really don't think a 57-trim on a stock motor will get you the power needed to hit the 11's.

What turbo would you suggest for him? From his last thread he said he wants to stick with his 7 Bolt and put ARP hardware + HG in. Then "MAYBE" build it with pistons/ rods ect...

So basically you will be suggesting a turbo for a stock 7bolt. (with studs/HG)

Nelsons91AWD said:
What turbo would you suggest for him? From his last thread he said he wants to stick with his 7 Bolt and put ARP hardware + HG in. Then "MAYBE" build it with pistons/ rods ect...

So basically you will be suggesting a turbo for a stock 7bolt. (with studs/HG)

The problem isn't the stock bottom end, the problem is in the stock cams/intake manifold. Without them, it's going to be harder to make the power needed.

Coup D E'Tat said:
The problem isn't the stock bottom end, the problem is in the stock cams/intake manifold. Without them, it's going to be harder to make the power needed.

We covered both those things in the last thread as well. :)

(just a little farther down)

Nelsons91AWD said:
We covered both those things in the last thread as well. :)

(just a little farther down)

Ha! To be honest, I didn't even look at the other thread.

My .02, is that a 60-65 lb/min compressor wheel is needed, along with a good flowing hot side, cams, and an intake to make the power needed to push a GST to the eleven second mark. Well, that stuff and a good tune/driver ;)

:thumb: For now (too get done b4 June), I'm just lookin to get a direct bolt on turbo with fmic, injectors, and intake pipe until I can afford everything else (probably a good year from now depending on deployment) so I can bump up the psi and have it properly tuned. And I'm tryin to find out if THIS(see above link)TURBO will be a good fit with all those supporting mods (when they come) to run 11s, if it isnt a good fit for my goal then I'd like to know what turbo others would suggest with their experience or knowledge of. Whatever turbo I get I plan on getting the necessary supporting mods to help me reach my goal.

B4 you reply be sure to check out my link to my other thread about my setup also... thanx :dsm:

That turbo probably spools around 4k rpms, you could get the ball bearing version if you want to drop 300-400 rpms off spool time if you are worried about it that much.

I have the bb 57 trim spool is 15psi at 3800 ans 22psi at 4000rpms in 3rd gear.

57 trim on my car = 350whp 350ftlb, pump gas,20psi of boost, 20 psi@ 400 rpm afc, gm maf, stock 7 bolt, stock cams, stock intake, stock 02 housing, 2g mani, tail 38, stock flywheel, stock cams gears

this was on a 1g with 7.8.1 compression 120,XXX miles.
have dyno chart if wamted

57 trim on my car = 350whp 350ftlb, pump gas,20psi of boost, 20 psi@ 400 rpm afc, gm maf, stock 7 bolt, stock cams, stock intake, stock 02 housing, 2g mani, tail 38, stock flywheel, stock cams gears

this was on a 1g with 7.8.1 compression 120,XXX miles.
have dyno chart if wamted

What 57 Trim do you have, and what are your goals for it?

What 57 Trim do you have, and what are your goals for it?

it is a precision bolt on TO4E, with a .63 ar hot side. My goals for this turbo are nothing since it will sold to my best friend once me new motor goes in this week.

I made 429 whp on this turbo 28~30psi and some race gas, but had a few problems with tuning it in. The numbers I guess were okay, spool is good, and turbo rips on the highway, pulls hard. I liked it. plus I got is for a good price

What will i need for fuel management with the SCM-3431E 57 trim turbo (should i go with ball bearing and external gated?) with this setup: Hallman boost controller, buschur fpr, K&N air filter, dejon tool 3" intake pipe, HKS type-s BOV, NGK bp7es plugs, 8.5mm Plug wires, FMIC, ported 02 and mani, 3" Apexi N1 Exhaust and 3" Apexi Down pipe, walbro 255lph, and 780cc injectors for 20psi?

I will only push 20 psi for this summer til i can do suspension mods, internal mods, intake mani, and dsm link...

PHIZZLE99GST said:
What will i need for fuel management with the SCM-3431E 57 trim turbo (should i go with ball bearing and external gated?) with this setup: Hallman boost controller, buschur fpr, K&N air filter, dejon tool 3" intake pipe, HKS type-s BOV, NGK bp7es plugs, 8.5mm Plug wires, FMIC, ported 02 and mani, 3" Apexi N1 Exhaust and 3" Apexi Down pipe, walbro 255lph, and 780cc injectors for 20psi?

I will only push 20 psi for this summer til i can do suspension mods, internal mods, intake mani, and dsm link...

With that setup you could get away with a GM MAFT, Safc, Pocketlogger :)

but dsmlink would be the best, i think you should save your money and just buy dsm link it will save you lots of time/ and messing around :thumb: people dont regret getting it.

www.dsmlink.com

Look at the price

Translator setup

200 Translator <<<<
50 MAF <<<<
200 SAFC <<<<
100 Logger <<<<<
-------------------------------------------------------
$550 Total <<<<
-------------------------------------
DSM LINK

Laptop (to make changes) >>>>>>>
Eprom ECU $300 >>>>>
DSMlink $595>>>>>>

---------------------------------------
$895.00 Total>>>>>

I would say if your going to skip on somthing dont skip on this part.
Skimp somewere else dude :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back