The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which Injector Wire's are Postive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTurboTuner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
Rslv, Arkansas
Im installing 2150's in my car and have to cut off the old injector plug so I can wire-in the new plugs ...can't find any info on which side &/or colors are the positive sides.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thx!

On the injectors themselves, its labeled which lead is the positive one, just follow the corresponding wire back to where you can see the color.

Referring to the stock injectors

Thanks ...I heard that before but I don't have any injectors for reference.
I already sold the injectors im replacing.

I know which side is positive on the new injectors, and I know which side is positive on the new injector plugs .....But Im unsure which side is positive on the original injector plugs that are on the harness. I have to cut them off, and match the positive side to my new Plugs.

I initially thought it didn't matter ...but now im 2nd guessing myself.
Can anyone confirm that it doesn't matter which side I connect them too?

Thanks!

Well here are some black tops

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's how they sit on the rail too, so positive would be on the right looking at the car from the front.

Well here are some black tops

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's how they sit on the rail too, so positive would be on the right looking at the car from the front.

If you're standing at the front of the car (at the bumper) and looking at the injectors, wouldn't the positive terminal be on the left? The positive is on the transmission side since the connectors point upwards.

Unless we're getting our "from the front"s confused :)

If you're standing at the front of the car (at the bumper) and looking at the injectors, wouldn't the positive terminal be on the left? The positive is on the transmission side since the connectors point upwards.

Unless we're getting our "from the front"s confused :)

It's irrelevant.

it would be fairly easy for anyone who knows their way around a test lamp to figure this out.

An alternative way is to use the good 'ol look-it-up method :D

As stated it doesn't matter, because injectors are essentially solenoids. But, if you want to be OCD about it, have consistent wiring, and care that this post is not in vein, continue reading.

GO-GO GADGET SPOON FEED!
We have two relavent tech articles, in this case:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/281763-2g-turbo-ecu-pinout-w-wire-colors.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...047-2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.html

We can now determine which wires go to the ecu and which ones go to the resistor box. I'll do the first one for you...

Injector 1
Looking at injector one, we notice it has a red with blue stripe (RSb) and a green (G) wire going to it.
Now, using the ecu pinout we look up injector 1. What do you know? It's green! So, the RSb wire goes to the resistor pack and the G wire goes to the ECU.

I'll have gofer explain the ground: FIC 2150 Owners Please Read - how to wire in #2

There ya go! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back