The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Where to feed my Turbo from

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
So I just bought a pte 5031e and I'm not quite sure how to setup my oil feed. Should I feed from the head or the filter housing, and what kind of setup should I use.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

i ran a 67trim JB turbo from the head with no problems. I'm a firm beleaver in the head for good oil feed to the turbo.

Precision never really gives a good answer for this... One day they'll recommend the head, the next the OFH... Your best best is to call them and see what the oiling specs are for the turbo, Good Luck
PTE does not seem to believe their turbos can be harmed by excessive pressure, but obviously something's wrong because their turbos are widely-known for poor reliability among use on DSMs.

I would feed from the filter housing using some type of restrictor to keep the pressure below 65-70psi peak to prevent possible damage from too little pressure.

OK well where can I buy this so called line and restrictor?
Oil line hardware is available at any of our wonderful vendors- there are .075" -4AN restrictors available on eBay.

The Turbo already appears to have a oil restrictor on it. But what -an fitting size do I need and will a tdo5 style oil drain work.

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 146
I'm not sure how jacked up my car is but I bought it that way. I have a 20g, pretty sure its a mitsu., but my feed is tapped right into the oil pan. I never thought anything of it as I am new to the scene, bought this thread has made me wonder if I should get a new pan and move my feed to another location. Any opinions?

I'm pretty sure that line your talking about is your Turbo drain post up a pic so we can see what your dealing with.
I'm not sure how jacked up my car is but I bought it that way. I have a 20g, pretty sure its a mitsu., but my feed is tapped right into the oil pan. I never thought anything of it as I am new to the scene, bought this thread has made me wonder if I should get a new pan and move my feed to another location. Any opinions?

The Turbo already appears to have a oil restrictor on it. But what -an fitting size do I need and will a tdo5 style oil drain work.

That doesn't look like a restrictor, I'm pretty sure all that is is an adapter for an aftermarket oil feed line.

OK the Turbo is being shipped to me as we speak so I'll have to get a better look when I get it. What size restrictor should I use and will the feed kit from the filter on extreme psi work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back