The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

where to buy lower ball joint/tie rod end boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I picked mine up from rockauto.com

Just be prepared to rent/borrow/buy a ball joint press. Any local auto parts store that rents out tools will normally have a set that you can rent.

It's under Suspension, and then Balljoint. I would also recommend a greaseable balljoint, the Moog's I bought for my 1g were, and ran around $30 per.

I looked on RockAuto and couldn't find the lower ball joint for the 2g either, but it does exist for the 1g. I think we are having a cross-generational issue here. I did see lower control arms with the ball joint already installed for the 2g. I didn't see just the boots, if that is all you were looking for and I don't know where else they could be found.

I think he is suggesting check with the dealer or one of the vendors that deals in OEM parts?

Are you looking for ball joints or just the boots? The ball joints can't be replaced for 2g's.

Here are the Mitsubishi part numbers for JUST the boots.
Lower control arm boot (fits all 4 front lower control arms) - MB808555
Tie rod end boot - MB616023

You can order these from your local Mitsu dealer, JNZ, ExtremePSI, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back