The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A lower control arm/lateral control arm/ball joints/tie rod end

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillylepricon37

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2008
Rapid City, South_Dakota
the ball joint on the lower and lateral control arm is shot, also the tie rod end is shot also. so i checked the junk yards in town and all the gst/gsx are all shells, nothing left of them so, my question is, can i get those parts off of any 2g awd, fwd, non turbo? will it fit. let me know thanks, also is there a site where i can get those parts cheap

My local auto parts store (Levine's) has tie rods for like $30 and control arms for like $70. I don't think that's terribly expensive, but I have never had to deal with these before. Ask around at local parts stores, I'm sure they can help. Also, millerimportparts.com has gotten me everything I have needed for my 99 GS. A lot isn't on the site, but if you e-mail him, he's very courteous and very helpful. Sorry I can't be of more help Lepricon :-\

Do yourself a huge favor and don't buy used/junkard steering and suspension parts. These are high-wear parts that are vital to your car's alignment and safety. There's a reason there's a safety recall on the ball joints. And tie rod ends are basically a ball joint connected to your knuckle and your steering rack. They wear out and they need to be replaced with new parts. Almost any auto parts store will have these parts in stock or available for order within a day or so.

I work at a shop that occasionally sees people bring cars in for alignments and they say they just replaced their tie rod end/control arm/ball joint/etc. When we get the car in, we check the front end and sure enough, it wiggles like jello. Look at the part and it's got junkyard paint marker writing all over it. Just get a new part from a store or a vendor or even the dealership.

I ended up buying lower control arms from my local junk yard and had to go three times and keep getting newer ones because they blew quick, honestly for parts that important just go to auto zone or buy them online this way your safe and you wont have to worry about them braking down the next day.

Where i live lower control arms run you about $70 each and ball joints about 35$.

Just before I went to post I noticed this question was asked a year and a half ago and the guy didn't get an answer until yesterday. :D

I'm not sure if he is still able to get these but member Boostedinsofla sells both arms for the cheap.

If anyone else is still having the same issues, first Google if their are any recalls on your car. Then, I highly suggest to bring your car into any Chrysler dealer for the free recall work. You should also call first to confirm that they do the recall work. I brought my 95 Talon into the Chrysler dealer here and they replaced both of my lower control arms with ball joints free of charge. IIRC, these parts have a lifetime warranty?

^

Yes, see if the recall has been done on the car. There's a chance you might be able to get the job done for free. If its been done already, they might deny you... but it's worth a shot. I recently got some free ones on my talon. woOt!

I would check out rockauto.com. They have everything that you will ever need for your suspension. Lots of good quality replacement parts at great prices. You may even qualify for a discount.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back