The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g Ball Joint Lower Lateral Control Arm Recall [ merged ]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97dsmbishi

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 9, 2002
Miami_FL_but_stationed_in_Montgomery_AL
All 2g ball joint recall threads are merged here.

guys just called dealership about transfercase recall...they said i didn't have any on my model, but the ball joint on the front suspension set did. anyone have any info on this? i'm getting mine replaced on tuesday, can't beat it since they will do the install for free. just a heads up guys, hope this is useful!
phil

pieeyed: i just finished it. was very easy. took all of 1.5hrs for both ctl arms and both tie rod ends(those were f'd up pretty bad too). total cost 260.00. oreilly parts, they are the cheapest around here. who can complain tho, the car has over 200k on it, somethings gotta give LOL. she rides much better now, even takes bumps better. just a more solid front end feel. plan on doing this right away when the gst finally gets an engine back in it, damn machinist is taking forever!!

Good on ya for going out and making sure it was done. Keep an eye on those Orielly parts. There just isn't a substitute for OEM. Maybe Moog.
OEM arms are about $40 a pop and I went with Moog tie rod ends for around $30 each side.

i had the recall done back in 05 on my 99. this seemed to be ok but once i started adding any horse power i busted the joints again. went back to dealer (where i worked at time) and when they put it up on lift, come to find out the ex-mechanic didnt put the new joints in. well after this run around i foound out be careful i stroked the motor with turbo, and now im replacing them again due to popping from the actual ball joint section of the arms. had too much trouble with mitsu oe joints

Good on ya for going out and making sure it was done. Keep an eye on those Orielly parts. There just isn't a substitute for OEM. Maybe Moog.
OEM arms are about $40 a pop and I went with Moog tie rod ends for around $30 each side.

moog and masterpro (cheaper version) dorman, rare parts makes replacements i know for a fact any oreilly's can order if not in stock for all for depending on how much you want to spend anywhere from $300 or higher

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back