The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

where does this wire go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kneipperk

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
aurora, Colorado
i have my dash taken apart right now and noticed this relay that 1 of the wires is cut. can anybody tell me what relay this is and where i might possibly be able to find the other end of it LOL my car is 95tsi awd 5spd. the relay mounts to the floor heater vent on the driverside, i have it circled in blue in the picture. it is a orange wire that is cut. i have looked for about a hour for the other end of it and just cant find it. i have searched the numbers on the relay but found nothing for my car. any help will be appriciated
i see that the black/red wire coming from the "start" position on my ignition switch goes into this relay but still cant find the other end of the orange wire....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have my dash taken apart right now and noticed this relay that 1 of the wires is cut. can anybody tell me what relay this is and where i might possibly be able to find the other end of it LOL my car is 95tsi awd 5spd. the relay mounts to the floor heater vent on the driverside, i have it circled in blue in the picture. it is a orange wire that is cut. i have looked for about a hour for the other end of it and just cant find it. i have searched the numbers on the relay but found nothing for my car. any help will be appriciated
i see that the black/red wire coming from the "start" position on my ignition switch goes into this relay but still cant find the other end of the orange wire....

Perhaps someone did a home made fuel pump rewire and that was the wire going to his aftermarket fuel pump. Just remove it all and see what you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it is one of those aftermarket dealer installed no start things. The rest of the wires to me don't look stock.
I'll find out where they go, and see if they are spliced in, or properly wired in.

If they are spliced, then pull the relay out, and the wires, and fix the splice.

Mike Croutcher (I'm back)
Diamond Star Specialties

I bet it is one of those aftermarket dealer installed no start things. The rest of the wires to me don't look stock.
I'll find out where they go, and see if they are spliced in, or properly wired in.

If they are spliced, then pull the relay out, and the wires, and fix the splice.

Mike Croutcher (I'm back)
Diamond Star Specialties

hey thanks man really appriciate it. yeah its kinda weird how the black/red wire from the "start" position on my ignition turns into a fat white wire and a fat red wire then into this relay. i looked at wiring diagrams all night and none of them seem to make any sense with the colors of the wires

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back