The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Where does this vacuum hose connect to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirad

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
San Diego, California
My vehicle:
1995 Eagle Talon ESI
Non-Turbo
Completely stock 420A Engine and Manual transmission
147,013 miles

Please disregard the exposed wiring for the pig tail connected to the ignition coil for now, it will be discussed in another thread.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

As the title says, where does the vacuum hose I am holding connect to? Upon tracing the line back it connects to a 3 way on the intake manifold then following the line it connects to the EGR Solenoid?

The hose is breaking into pieces real easily. It's made of plastic tubing. If you noticed I connected the broken areas with rubber vacuum tubing as a temporary fix. Should I just replace the entire plastic vacuum hose with a rubber one?

I noticed in this picture from an automatic 99 Eclipse Non-turbo (I'm assuming since the op has it in his profile) the vacuum hose only connects from the intake manifold to the EGR Solenoid and their is no extra hose attached like I have.

13 Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve (PCV valve)
14. Throttle Body
15. Camshaft Position Sensor
16a. EGR solenoid
16b EGR Valve
17 Washer Fluid Resevior
18. Brake Fluid Resevior
19. Motor Mount (Car's Left, Engine's Rear)
20. Transmission Fluid Dipstick
21. Powertrain Control Module (PCM or ECU)
22a.Fuel Pump Relay
22b. ASD (automatic Shutdown) relay
22c. Transmission Control Relay

I got the picture from this thread:http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/100294-2gnt-engine-bay-tutorial.html

I don't have a hard copy of my FSM with me and I'm having a hard time looking for the hose on my phone. I don't have a laptop yet...

Any help is treating appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Someone T'd the EGR vacuum line. That one goes no where and you should pull off the T fitting and connect it with a straight one. I also see that your EGR vac line has a lot of splices in it. It would be smart of you to replace the entire section with one longer vac line to eliminate potential vacuum leaks.

T'd? Totaled? Should I replace all my vacuum lines with rubber or silicone ones? I plan on keeping my Talon stock.

I found another 420A engine here in the forums that has that T-fitting as well. Look closely at the picture.

I found that picture in this post:http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/452533-how-tell-4g63.html

No nipple anywhere on my intake piping. I checked and felt all around the intake piping starting from the connection to the throttle body and all the way to the boxed air filter.

It looks like a hose that goes back behind your intake manifold and pretty far down the firewall. There's a 3-prong male-end plastic connector back there.

The single vacuum hose with several spliced connected hoses you see running upwards connects to that 3 way fitting on the intake manifold.

T'd? Totaled? Should I replace all my vacuum lines with rubber or silicone ones? I plan on keeping my Talon stock.

I found another 420A engine here in the forums that has that T-fitting as well. Look closely at the picture.

I found that picture in this post:http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/452533-how-tell-4g63.html

T-D is the connection that makes the vacume go 3 ways in the shape of a T... Not totaled :tease:. I think you should have a mechanic fix this for you because it doesnt seem like you have the chiltons manual, which is what you need to use, because it has the diagram of where they all go. Do that or you will regret it. :pray:

T-D is the connection that makes the vacume go 3 ways in the shape of a T... Not totaled . I think you should have a mechanic fix this for you because it doesnt seem like you have the chiltons manual, which is what you need to use, because it has the diagram of where they all go. Do that or you will regret it. My FSM is on it's way, but currently I've been using the online FSM manuals.If I'm right the vacuum hose connects to the Pulsed Secondary Air Injection which I couldn't find at all. The diagram says the PSAI is connected to the air filter box by some tubing. If changing the fuel filter, checking the fuel pressure, and installing a new air filter wont't fix it, I will pretty much bring it in to the dealership for full blown diagnostic and repair.

I have a feeling that the PSAI and aspirater were removed when I brought the vehicle in for recall work back in 2010 and the mechanic just left the hose for it on instead of changing it out for a direct plug from the intake manifold to the EGR. I'm waiting for that paperwork in the mail abt work done to it to see if I'm right.

I tried running the vehicle plugging the hose but it had no difference.

T-D is the connection that makes the vacume go 3 ways in the shape of a T... Not totaled . I think you should have a mechanic fix this for you because it doesnt seem like you have the chiltons manual, which is what you need to use, because it has the diagram of where they all go. Do that or you will regret it. My FSM is on it's way, but currently I've been using the online FSM manuals.If I'm right the vacuum hose connects to the Pulsed Secondary Air Injection which I couldn't find at all. The diagram says the PSAI is connected to the air filter box by some tubing. If changing the fuel filter, checking the fuel pressure, and installing a new air filter wont't fix it, I will pretty much bring it in to the dealership for full blown diagnostic and repair.

I have a feeling that the PSAI and aspirater were removed when I brought the vehicle in for recall work back in 2010 and the mechanic just left the hose for it on instead of changing it out for a direct plug from the intake manifold to the EGR. I'm waiting for that paperwork in the mail abt work done to it to see if I'm right.

I tried running the vehicle plugging the hose but it had no difference.

I know on the 4g63 theres a little vaccume line, and some aftermarket ones dont. Might just need a new part from mitsu.

i'm gonna go with it has been spliced also. my 420a only had one singular hose going from the intake to egr.

I'll see if the dealer can pull the history on the car.

What would the purpose be to splice the vacuum hose like that?

I read that 1995's had Pulsed Secondary Injection Systems and Aspirators on them, but were removed in later 95+ and above models. I do remember I had recall work done on the car back in 2010 and perhaps the dealer, deleted the system since it was faulty. Therefore, that's why everyone else doesn't have them.

Since I'll be changing out my vacuum hoses. Should I get rubber or silicone? Who and where could I get a complete vacuum hose kit that's good? I saw these ones:

I plan on keeping my car stock.

RRE's Larson Silicone Hose Kit

Anyone else sells them? Other than buying it individually from the Auto Parts stores?

Does your car have cruise control?? Those vacuum lines look like the ones that would go to the vacuum reservoir box (don't remember exact name) for cruise control.

Yes I do have Cruise Control and it's connected to the Cruise Control Assembly as pictured.

Any suggestions for a good and complete vacuum hose kit?

Thanks for the help so far everyone!

not too sure if there is a kit out but i dont see why you cant get away with finding and just running the correct sized hose for everything...

Looks like I was right, the vacuum hose I'm holding connects to the Pulsed Secondary Air Injection Solenoid found only in Manual Transmission. The PSAI System was indeed removed back in 2010 when I brought it in for recall work. The mechanic also left the vacuum hose like that instead of plugging it or installing a single vacuum hose connecting from the Intake Manifold to the EGR Transducer Solenoid.

I received my FSM to confirm the vacuum hoses set-up. Now, I can replace that vacuum hose with a brand new one to connect from the Intake Manifold to the EGR Transducer Solenoid!

I might delete the EGR Valve if it turns out to be faulty which might be the reason why I have poor acceleration/hesitation/sagging even after replacing my spark plugs, spark plug wires, and ignition coil.

I've included pictures for future reference to anyone needing the Vacuum Hose Diagram for 420A non-turbo engines when you want to replace the hoses. I will do mine soon!

1995 Eagle Talon ESI MFI System Diagram:

1995 Eagle Talon ESI Vacuum Hoses Diagram:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back