The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

When to do bolt-on's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bostonhatcher

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2006
Kansas City, Missouri
How much boost can a 2g Eclipse run until the intake manifold, tb, turbo manifold, intercooler piping, etc. start to become inefficient?

the 2g has a different turbo than your car 16psi on the stock t25 trubo

as for the rest of it its good for alot of power. it has much more do to do with how much fuel and how big the turbo is and the tune

that would be tdo5h, if its a tdo4h than that turbo is smaller than the stock turbo it came with. Or equivlant to it. People use the stock 2g manifolds for ever they are very well built and when ported flow very well. If your friend is running a 16g he shouldn't be running to much boost unless he has some fuel mods to run higher boost. I would say no more than 12psi just to be safe.

15-16lbs is what worked for me with a evo3 16g on stock injectors with only a walbro 190lph fuel pump upgrade... That was also on stock side mount though with stock 1g tb elbow so that also limited air flow therefore the injectors werent being maxed out,
but with a similar set up and a fmic and a few more mods and that may be different.
I would just get your fuel set up right and not skimp out on that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back