The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Wheel / Tire fitment Request

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ames905

Probationary Member
Apr 13, 2011
Buffalo, New_York
Would like to get opinions on this setup , I liked the format of the tire request form

Please copy this form and answer the questions when you request tire size recommendations:

TIRE SIZE RECOMMENDATION REQUEST FORM

Please answer the following questions when requesting tire size recommendations.

1. My car is a:
b) 2gb DSM

2. My wheel size is:
Diameter: 17
Width: 9.5
Offset: 35

3. My current or future suspension height will be lowered
a) One inch or less

4. If suspension is lowered,
a) Rear camber will be adjusted to less than 1° negative (whatever you guys recommend)

5. Rear fender flange rolling:
a) My fenders are not rolled , I'd prefer not to , but this is the only mod I am willing to do (no grinding no pulling no cutting )

6. My driving style is:
d) Street and in future , Autocross.

7. I have searched for and read the FAQ's, Tech Articles, and threads on wheel and tire fitment:
a) Yes, but I just need someone with experience to validate my choices.

I've received some opinions , but would like a general consensus on 17x9.5 inch wheels on a 245 40-17 (9.5-9.8 inch tread width) in a 35 offset . NO grinding control arms , no cutting fenders . Will I be ok on the street with this?

From what I have read , I believe a 38 offset on the same wheel size will be too close to the knuckle; however , if someone is running rpf1s in a 9.5 / 38 offset on 245s please share .

Thank you

Currently running on my 2gb.. 225/45/18
I can look up my rim offset, I believe its either 40 or 45
Thought I would share, so you may have some kind of benchmark

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back