The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What's wrong with my engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Game Over

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2004
Aston, Pennsylvania
I just got the car back from a clutch and flywheel job, and the afc must have been zeroed out because the battery died. Well whenever I put the slightest load on the engine, there seems to be a knocking noise coming from the head. What could my problem be, I have no idea, and have been without a car for months and I really need it running,

It sounds like a timing issue. Either way you need to take the cover off and look at your head, to see if you bent any valves.

Could it be rod knock? I just hope it's nothing serious because this car is killing me money wise.

You need to go out and look at your timing belt and make sure it did not slip any notches if it did you need to get it towed to a shop.

AFC's don't lose their settings when you remove power (at least gen II) I suspect someone was ####ing with you.

If it ran fine when you gave it to them and now it doesn't... suspect the shop.

Nope, I got it, spun rod bearing in my crappy 7 bolt. I guess it's time for a 6 bolt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back