The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What's Up With My Wideband?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95TalonOwner

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Well I haven't been around here in a while, usually hang around the local WI dsm forum but I figured I'd see what you guys think.

I think my wideband sensor took a crap but I'm just double checking with you guys. Took this video a while back before winter (car is away for the winter getting a 2.2 stroker right now). Car ran fine when wideband was doing this.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/crazdawgtodaend/talon%20stuff/IMG_0284.flv">

honestly it looks like there is a loose wire because it keeps reading the same afr but its almost flickering. if all of the wires are hooked up good, then id have to say the gauge is on its way out.

I'd check for a loose wire or bad connection as said

Wait, let me rephrase. The flickering is just the refresh rate. Watch the actual number, it jumps around and is not stable. It will be at like 12.9 to 13 and jump all the way lean and go right back.

12.9 to 13 i wouldnt consider a jump. but i know when my car decides to not like me and idle surge, my wide band leans out like your explaining. I cant tell if yours is or is not.

oh. and is it reading like 12.9-13.0 but the color is racing around, back and forth?

12.9 to 13 i wouldnt consider a jump. but i know when my car decides to not like me and idle surge, my wide band leans out like your explaining. I cant tell if yours is or is not.

oh. and is it reading like 12.9-13.0 but the color is racing around, back and forth?

It's jumping from 12.9/13 to all the way lean. It's just the gauge jumping. The car idles fine. No idle surge for my 420a.

Hmm, well if all of the wires are connected and they are not loose i would have to say it is either the gauge or the sensor. how long have you had it? and just to be certain, you don't have any huge exhaust leaks right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back