The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved What's this throttle body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachsline

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2016
Aberdeen, South_Dakota
Never seen this throttle body on any of my 3 1g's. Anyone know what it's from or if its no big deal to run it? Also, what's the proper way to hide the throttle cable?

Attachments

• 20160908_115107.jpg
    20160908_115107.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 100
Ok so its just an afternarket throttle body not oem? My gas pedal feels very stiff. Almost sticky. Will clean it out but want to relocate the cable with out any kinks. What's the best way to do this?

No, its a JDM OEM TB, as in the picture. There's no emissions ports because they're not needed in Japan. I would use the P port for the boost gauge.
Assuming you have a non-cruise cable, loop it under the intake manifold. Also add a little dialectic grease on the exposed ends of the cable.

Last edited:
This is the stock throttle body from my 94 laser rs n/t. Looks about the same to me. I'm assuming thats probably what yours is. Mine works like a charm!

Attachments

• IMG_20160911_102621353.jpg
    IMG_20160911_102621353.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 55
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back