The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Throttle body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven_esi_bui

Probationary Member
Dec 12, 2012
milwaukee, Wisconsin
Ok so if connected this line won't let my car start, but if disconnected it will start without a problem. What does line lead to? Also if I disconnect it from the throttle body you can't blow into it, it feels clogged. Just changed the hose because I thought that was the issue but the other end still feels clogged.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My bad. But the line is new I just bought it, I was wondering what is it connected to? Some one told me it was for the evap solenoid but why does it feel clogged?

I mean look into both lines it connects to, might be clogged inside the metal not the hose. When the cars running how is it running, can you rev it up, will it idle, etc.

It idles fine and runs decent. It's just that line that messes everything up, when it's plugged it won't start unless I give it gas and and if I stop giving it gas it would just fall flat on it's face and die.

Disconnect the hose from both ends and blow some compressed air through it

i would try blowing shop air thru it with the line disconnected at both ends

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back