The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What's that worst thing that happened to you when you got your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Having someone else install a new clutch and trans in my 92 GST. I got the car back and the timing belt was off. Drove it home and put a valve threw #1 Piston. Pulled the timing belt cover off to find that my balance shaft belt was caught in the timing belt. Finally have the car together now after doing all the work myself. New trans, New block, new head, new turbo. All either new or less then 10k on it. Bought the car bone stock and put every mod/part on myself. Can't wait to get it registered!

95burgundyesi said:
week before i get my talon from my mom the oil pan rusted through and oil pours out and she continued 70 miles with no oil. so my first car was given to me as a project. i loved it, didnt know much but basics of cars but after removing the whole long block and doing a rebuilt after it was machined was what really got me into the DSM world. haha if it wasnt for it breaking who knows i might still be "living my life one quarter of a mile at a time" haha. too bad i didnt know at the time the difference in the 420a and 4g63;)
Only a woman wouldn't notice leaking oil XD. Especially THAT much. She learn her lesson to check her oil every fill up at the pump?

And i thought My car was especially bad,I've had to redone head,all belts battery, hoses, mutilpe sensors, and other various thing and today my trans blew, and my motor has 190,xxx so its ready to be put down, i think im gonna buy a new dsm and salvage the parts i bought, and part the rest out so i can cut some loses. ,but i guess i'd have to not buy a dsm to cut loses(and fun). ROFL

Yeah, it's routine maintenance, but when I test drove it I didn't expect to have to do all this work right away. It's all good though, I'm going to buy a new motor when I get back from my deployment; then convert to 5spd. If I don't sell my car.......:beatentodeath:

bought my 95 gst with 103k miles on it, looked nice, the kid cleaned the engine bay so nothing seemed wrong.

1st day I had to get 4 new tires and an alignment. Found I need a new a/c compressor
2nd day headgasket blew.OMG

Told them i wanted a cometic hg and arp studs, performance radiator, performance hoses...:rocks:
They told me they cleaned up my radiator and didn't buy one like I told them to, They said
they used felpro hg and studs instead of what i signed forWTF
Had to have the head shaved and new valves and seals
They had to replace the bypass hoses and every coolant and oil hose
My car went back to them about 6 times at least cause i kept finding hoses they missed.
Alignment still isn't correct (different shop):rolleyes:
r-sport flushed the coolant 3 times and still didnt get it right they "pressure tested the system" yet couldn't figure out they weren't getting a proper flush due to no pressure in the system via a cracked rad cap gasket:f-u:
Last visit to r-sport they overtightened my oil filter and nut behind it not knowing it was an oil cooler and crushed it, now my car is at the shop getting gates performance hoses and a cx racing external oil cooler.

I've had my car about a month and a half ALMOST and put over 3,000 into it and counting. BUT the good news is my car will be in like new shape.:hellyeah::dsm:

i was talking smack to some dude at a red light, (showing off for a buddy that was with me) launched her at 7k. made it about 25 feet and BANG!!!!WTFWTF. looked at my buddy and said what was that??? looked back to see a huge cloud of black death. OMG pulled up to a light around the corner to see a dude in a semi shaking his finger at me:nono:. got the ol girl home to find out i sheared the turbine wheel off. i guess the dude in the semi was not to impressed with me peppering the front of his truck with pieces of turbine wheel

Mine is getting the car thinking all I had to do is change the head took the head off and found a big hole in the piston so another motor put in with 40k on it almost everything changed under the hood once I got it running only drove 20 mile and the bell housing cracked on tranny shifting from 2nd to 3rd...got another tranny in it and its been good so far.

Just bought by 91 off of my buddy, i havent gotten insurance or registration for it yet, but my buddy said it was still insured and registerd in his name. So all is well and good so far. Driving home the alternator belt snaps so im stranded in the middle of rush hour. Buddy comes to give me a boost to limp the car to work. As we're driving a cop pulls up behind us, runs his plates and the registration doesnt match, so naturally they run my plates and guess what? No insurance and no registration. So my buddy got a ticket, and i have a court date and most likley a 2000 dollar ticket. And the cherry and the ice cream? I had only owned the car for 15 minutes.

Had to replace the engine, then the ECU, then the tranny, but that's not so bad right? LOL

one month after i got my 99 gst had to change the tranny got that fixed and about 2 months after that blow the motor, a nice hole in the piston, and i put the new motor in and it won't start. I don't know WTF now:banghead::barf: if i cant get it work ill just wait for income tax and buy a brand new motor

Well I just bought my 95 TSi awd today. I drove it about 25 miles on my way home with no problems and within a half-mile of my house the clutch stuck to the floor. I wedged my foot under the pedal to get it back out, only to have it happen again and again. After self diagnosing it, I believe it's a leak in the clutch master cylinder. I called the guy I bought it off of, who owns a garage, and he said he'd fix it free of charge, but still talk about a buzz kill. I barely got to drive my new DSM.

One of the first dsms i bought years ago was a black 1g with the silvery- grey factory ground effects it was in pretty descent shape- and i got a pretty descent deal buying it off my sisters friend for 900 bucks considering he just rebuilt the motor and was getting ready to go to wyotech to further his education on cars. Well i dunno if it was his firs car or what i had it about 15-20 mins and when i test drove it i drove it like i stole it so i figured it was all good but i took it up the road 6-7 mins from my house to my buddies and when i tried to leave upon starting it the starter and flywheel were making this horrific noise- so after push starting it i baby it home pull it in the garage and start looking for the problem , only to find out not all of the bellhousing bolts were there and the ones that were backed out thus i had a nice gap between my bellhousing and block- hence the noise when i tried to start it - i hate typing thats why i dont post much but to mke a long post short - it wasnt any fun to fix- i hate idiots

I bought my perfect 95 tsi awd last week... left the damn headlights on.. killed the battery... lost the AMS tune thanks to my dsmlink being V2.. FML haha

In two weeks I have overheated 3 times, blew a tire, alternator, radiator cap, 2 hoses and other stuff which I forget.

I traded my beloved 2002 cbr954rr which i dumped thousands into to pretty much make it the most head turning bike in my area to get my gs-t spyder. Needless to say the car looked in good shape, untill that is i find the guy who built it can not build for shit and should be killed haha. He says all this about mechanic school but uses RVC instead of real 5 dollar gaskets(what a cheap ass). So now I find I need
1. motor mounts
2.clutch
3.exhaust
4.rad fan
5.oil pan gasket
6.about 35 misc. bolts
7. broken bolts drilled out and replaced
friends garage says $1,600-$1,800 to install also(due to the fact that I have like no tools here anymore, not to mention no garage.... :(

When I finally got everything together, started the car, and saw no oil presre. The person who "built" the motor decided to use some extraordinary engine assembly lube. The kind that doesn't flow out of the oil pump if you pack it in there. Fortunately I caught it within seconds and no damage was done.

first two motor swaps i did on mine to get it into a 4g63 state of mind went terribly wrong on motor was blown the other had a dropped valve finally im boostin hard and nothing has broke.... yet...:shhh: ha ha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back