The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Whats it worth? 4g63 engines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanilla gorilla

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2007
Orrum, North_Carolina
Hi. I was curious what the going rate on this stuff is. Ive looked bit there is a huge variance.

2 rebuildable short blocks
-1996 4g63 140k miles, had good oil pressure, but low compression on 2 cylinders
-1996 4g63 a friend refreshed it with new bearings and rings but its been sitting in the back of my garage for several years and will need to be gone back through.

2- 96 4g63 heads, both stock

Also, a 2g turbo 5 speed fwd trans. No issues.
Thanks

Last edited:
It depends on the area and how clean the parts are, but I would say in the neighborhood of $150 each on the longblocks if they have no thrust bearing damage, $250 for the transmission, $150 each for the heads if they are not damaged.

It depends on the area and how clean the parts are, but I would say in the neighborhood of $150 each on the longblocks if they have no thrust bearing damage, $250 for the transmission, $150 each for the heads if they are not damaged.
Hes pretty dead on with the price ranges. That's what I would price them as well.

I hated to disagree with you guys but i felt that stuff was worth more. I sold both heads on ebay for 400 a piece plus shipping. And apparently even that was too cheap, because they both sold within two days. Just fyi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back