The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What to do, What to do

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63tsiawd

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2004
columbus, Ohio
Ok I'v been saving some money here and there. I have ruffly $700 right now. A. Keep saving until I have enough money for a fp green, which will be a giant paper weight until I get some more supporting mods. B. Start buying the supporting mods now and get the turbo at a later date. My mods to date are. Built motor (eagle/wiseco) still a 2.0. 1mm oversized valves,bronze vavle guides,fp2x cams, fp double valve springs, sbr front mount, tial bov,gm maf, s-afc which will be swapped with a dsm link, 6 an fuel line, aeromotive fpr, aeromotive fuel filter,2.5 from the turbo back exhaust, more stuff I cant think of now. The things I will need to run the turbo are. Larger injectors, dsmlink, clutch,smim, wastegate, larger exhaust. The reason I ask this is, I can't spend alot of money on my car at one time, having 2 kids. So I either run the 14b with a set up that can support 500+ hp, or have a paper weight. What would you do?

I would personally get all the suporting mods first just incase you change your mind about the turbo and get something different later on. At least that way you will be already to go when that time comes. It sucks having parts that you can't use

supporting mods, shop around you can get deals if you are willing to wait

I'd do a clutch for sure if yours is still stock, if you do it yourself you can pick up a new stage 2 competiton clutch for around 400, waaay cheaper then the act2600 and just as good if not better. then pickup some injectors for like 200 used...I wouldnt go bigger then 650s on an safc, just make sure you retard the timing a bit...you'll probably max those down the road with a bigger turbo but at least you can have some fun with the car for now! 14bs pack some serious punch!

I'd do a clutch for sure if yours is still stock, if you do it yourself you can pick up a new stage 2 competiton clutch for around 400, waaay cheaper then the act2600 and just as good if not better. then pickup some injectors for like 200 used...I wouldnt go bigger then 650s on an safc, just make sure you retard the timing a bit...you'll probably max those down the road with a bigger turbo but at least you can have some fun with the car for now! 14bs pack some serious punch!

I'm going to go with the powertrain tech clutch. Getting rid of the s-afc and palm for a dsmlink. I only want to buy this stuff once so I'm getting what I need now.

heres a list of what I could get

smim/with spacer
exhaust manifold
wastegate
dsmlink and maybe a eprom
injectors but can't install them yet probably 1000cc

I could get one or two of these things

smim - 400ish tops
injectors - 300 tops
eprom - round 200
link - over 5
manifold - depends

The way I look at it is, your mods are great the way they are for what you have (turbo wise)

I wouldnt get those till you need em. You can never go wrong though with the eprom and link. Doesnt matter what you have, its nice to control your car.
You can get good deals on nearly everything if you dont mind used.

I see manifolds on the classifieds all the time. Exhause manis. will have wastegates now and again....

Personally, Id wait for deals on most that stuff. No need for it now... After you get link you can run the injectors...Get the exaust with the turbo, since youll have everything off anyway, might as well do it once. Same with wastegate.

Thats just me. Or keep saving, until you can do a lil more with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back