The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2gNT What to do, what to do????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmb2492

Probationary Member
Aug 7, 2022
Douglas, Georgia
I've got a 2G Auto Eclipse. 420a N/A 247k on it. I just put a newISH trans in it. Filter, fluid. Oil change. New axle. New plugs. Tie rod ends. But this thing is a turd. The shift linkage is loose and idk where to get a new end with the stud. It's got 17s they seem too big for it. My question is, where do I start?? Is it cheaper to find a motor I can start rebuilding? Are they hard to come by or is it too much trouble for an automatic base model??

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is this your daily driver? Does the engine need to be rebuilt/something’s wrong with it? Or are you talking about doing some kind of swap just because it’s slow (this will be discouraged, although there are a few members that have successfully swapped them)

Try contacting Miller import parts for that linkage. He has/had alot of 420a cars.

Yeaa its my daily. I'm talking about rebuilding it but I can't afford to have it down for months. It's jus ridiculously slow. I swear it feels like it gets 95hp to the crank. It smokes a bit. I was wondering how hard those motors are to find. Maybe just get one and freshen it up. I bought the car for $600 so I have a little room to play. I just want something reliable. Nothing crazy. And aren't 17's way too big for this car??

Is this your daily driver? Does the engine need to be rebuilt/something’s wrong with it? Or are you talking about doing some kind of swap just because it’s slow (this will be discouraged, although there are a few members that have successfully swapped them)

Try contacting Miller import parts for that linkage. He has/had alot of 420a cars.
Is he on here or is that a website?

Yeaa its my daily. I'm talking about rebuilding it but I can't afford to have it down for months. It's jus ridiculously slow. I swear it feels like it gets 95hp to the crank. It smokes a bit. I was wondering how hard those motors are to find. Maybe just get one and freshen it up. I bought the car for $600 so I have a little room to play. I just want something reliable. Nothing crazy. And aren't 17's way too big for this car??
You’ll be able to find one. Beware that a rebuild isn’t going to make it any faster. Check your local junk yards. Most of the cars I find in yards are 420a, I guess their lower desirability gets them an inevitable death by recycling.

Car-part.com and row52.com are both great resources for checking local junk yard inventory.

Since you asked, Im not sure if it’s the size of the wheels, they might be too big, but they are definitely too red.

Is he on here or is that a website?
He has a website and on Facebook also. I remembered they just changed the name to kannapolis auto parts. Shoot them an email, or Facebook message, the old site was never up to date. They probably have 420a engines for sale also. I see what you mean you could rebuild one while still driving it and then just swap them.

Last edited:
So I looked em up and they are RTX Poison edition. I'm gonna try to find somebody to just trade me factory wheels and enough to buy 2 new tires. I would be happy with steelies. I cringe everytime I see the red on red on chrome.

No I am horribly disappointed. Just glad it didn't come with a double stack and Euro's. I don't want to take the time to paint them because they are still a little much. But I can't stand the way it looks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back