The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

What should I do with this 95 Talon TSI FWD Auto?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiderGST

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2011
Frisco, Texas
Alright well a couple of days ago I bought a Eagle Talon TSI for $500 completely stock and auto with working ac and heater. The only thing wrong with it was the timing belt tensioner failed and bent all the intake valves. Well I had a spare head in the garage and all the gaskets to put it back together so that is what we did the past couple of days. Well we started it up last night and it has some rod knock not alot but some also it seems like the block was overheated so much that it warped it and the brand new oem head gasket was leaking and causing it to overheat. There wasnt any sign that it was leaking besides the coolant was boiling a good amount after the car was running for awhile out of the burp funnel. I have a 2000 S10 Blazer right now that doesnt have working AC or heater and get horrible mpg and just not really fun to drive that I drive for a daily. So I am asking what is your opinion on what I should do at this point keep it and put the motor I planned on putting into the "TurdBo" which wasnt the orginal motor that I actually wanted to put into it but was getting rushed into finishing the car due to us having to move at the end of March. We are not moving now for another 2-3 years because we are renewing our lease.

Attachments

• IMAG0180_zps4b0d136c.jpg
    IMAG0180_zps4b0d136c.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0181_zps9fe368ac.jpg
    IMAG0181_zps9fe368ac.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 91
FWD cars can be fun, just remember there is going to be a lot of issues with spinning doing anything crazy with it. If the block is warped, just pull everything and send the block to the machine shop. It shouldn't cost that much to deck and clean it.

Same as my car I love fwd auto. Check if its erly 95 and has eprom ecu. Not a fan of the evo piston and rod combo. If you don't plan on building it I would just sell it. Don't skimp out on it or it would be wasted money. But if you do a stock rebuild then you be fine for a daily driver. Faded red pink sideskirts ftw.

Keep it since you only paid $500 for it. Take your time and get it into good running condition and then you'll have a reliable DD so that you dont have to put miles on your other dsm

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back