The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What should i do with this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niteninja01

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I just put this greddy bov and it has this extra nipple on it and i dint know what to do with it. Should I plug it up get a T and extra hose and run the hose from the top of the bov to it? I'll post a pic up so you can see it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have this same question. I drive mine right now with nothing hooked to that nipple. So far the car does fine but i always wondered if i needed to do something with it.

That what I'm woundering, I wounder if this thing is giving me my uncontrollable boost

That probably stems from a wastegate issue or maybe even BC.

I dont have anything hooked to that nipple and i have complete control over my boost.

That nipple is optional. It can be tapped to a boost source to help open the diaphram quicker, but you don't have to do so. If you do have it hooked up, it changes the sound of the BOV a bit as well.

Its for an electronic boost controller it doesnt leak at all. But the greddy type s bov sucks they make boost leak out your turbo!(I believe thats an ebay bov though?) I used to have one but i got a hks sqv3 and doesnt leak anymore. The uncontrolable boost problem is gonna be a vaccum line on the wastegate.....check for cracked or rotten lines!!!!! Thats most likely your problem or you have a junk ass boost controler or possibly the wastegate.

Last edited:
It's a greddy bov, and I don't have a boost controller

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back