The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What is normal vacuum for a 2G turbo eclipse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patryk

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2002
Carol Stream, IL, Kearny_NJ
i get about 14 vacuum at idle at normal operating temp. Thats with car in neutreal just chillen there. But when im doing say like 2k rpms in any gear n i let go of the throttle the vacuum is about 18 for 2 sec and slowly drops to 14. When i switch gears the vacuum goes to 18. If i hit the clutch it goes to 18, but drops back to 14 after about 2 seconds.

Im just wondering...i am not experiancing any problems with the car.

That's normal.

The reason why it drops to ~18 when you shift, and it's at ~14 when you're idling is because when idling, the Idle control allows some air into the manifold, so that the car can run (though slowly). When the engine is spinning faster though, the ECU decides that the engine can spin slower, so it doesn't allow much air or any fuel at all into the engine (it engine brakes).

-Jesse

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back