The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G GST/GSX'ers "normal" vacuum levels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g-gst

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2004
Riverside, California
Generally where does your needle sit as far as your vacuum reading on your gauge. I'm pretty new to dsm's so im just wondering if mine is coo or not.

16-18 when it warms up at idle, usually 23 on de-accel. You talking the factory one? If so get a actual boost gauge as soon as you can.

no im talkin bout an aftermarket one...thanks. mine sits at about 15/16 and 20/21 on de-accel and i was just wondering if that was normal or not. I checked for leaks and dont seem to have any so...i guess im good.

BlackHalo said:
16-18 when it warms up at idle, usually 23 on de-accel. You talking the factory one? If so get a actual boost gauge as soon as you can.
Same :thumb:

Not to get off topic, but isn't the needle supposed to be at Zero when the engine is off? Mine sits at -10. I think I might need it recalibrated or get a new one.

What gauge do you have? If its autometer, they will replace it for free. I live 10mins from there manufacturing plant and I had a boost gauge that was off.... they told me to drive over and pick up a new one. Walked in, took all of 5 mins to talk to someone, get a new one, and walk out.

mine sits at about 17 while cold and sits on 20 once its warmed up. under decel it drops to about 25-28

GSXpress said:
Not to get off topic, but isn't the needle supposed to be at Zero when the engine is off? Mine sits at -10. I think I might need it recalibrated or get a new one.

OH NOES!!!1!!11!!one!!!!1!!

that is bad! your gauge is broken. Don't trust anything it tells you, even if it tells you the sky is blue; question it! He is a liar!

Yea it's a Autometer (carbon fiber) guage. I guess it's broken. I was wondering why I only get 5 lbs. of boost :laugh:

I laugh cause I dont have a boost controller, so I can't get into too much trouble.

I ran into an instance where my gauge was zeroing out a second time when the key came off of start position. Changed the connection for ignition and it read just fine. Try to see if it resets when coming off of start before shipping it off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back