The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What I need for a 16g install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niteninja01

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Ok so to start off I picked up my car with a blown turbo, I bought a t-28 with almost no shaft play. I put it on and was on my way. I didn't have a aftermarket boost guage and I knew I was boosting crazy. So I went and bought one was noticed I was around 15lbs. I was running this for awhile untill I got a mbc, so I could turn it down.

After I put it on I checked the turbo for shaft play and it has some. So what I would like to know is how I killed the turbo in less then two months of haveing the turbo on the car?

So I'm going to buy a 16g and I am woundering what do I all need to put this on my car? The guy who I'm geting it from said it comes with the 2g install kit besides the oil return line. He said the stock 2g return line will work, is this true? And I don't plan on running alot of boost with this turbo. So will I need to het bigger injectors? And a fmic? Any and all help would be great thanks.

I've seen so0o0o0o many threads lately on subjects that have been covered numerous times. Search function was enhanced to make information easier to find.

Are you even sure you had a t28? How do you know it was not a t25?

Search for your 2nd question, I've done the install myself and even added in on a thread about it.

Come to think of it I just took his word for it. This is my first turbo car. How can I tell the difference?

I just did a 16g on my car and got a install kit with the turbo. All u need is a oil feed line , oil return line and j pipe. But you can use the stock oil return line from what i heard i've seen people with it tho. You can also use the stock manifold n o2 housing with a problem its best if u port the other of them for max flow. Iam using the stock housing and manifold not ported and its running fine for now till i can save money and go bigger manifold and o2 housing really fun turbo tho i love it!

no u don't need a FMIC, and yes all you need is a oil feed line, j pipe, and every thing should just fit with a li'l bit of tweaking to the coolant lines if you plan on using the old ones from the t25/t28. just not turn up the boost or else your going to need fuel mods. I did my 16g upgrade on the side of the road LOL ROFL :hellyeah:.....

on a side note: the 16g would be happier with a FMIC in the future though :cool:

So I'm going to buy a 16g and I am woundering what do I all need to put this on my car?

He said the stock 2g return line will work, is this true?

So will I need to het bigger injectors?

And a fmic?

Come to think of it I just took his word for it. This is my first turbo car. How can I tell the difference?

Do you need to have a fmic with this turbo?

Search, young grasshopper, and the answers will cometh. This site has so much goddamn information inside that it will literally blow your mind. You don't want to wind up like this lady:

Attachments

• spoonfed.jpg
    spoonfed.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 147
Check ebay. They have an identical kit to Punishment only alot cheaper. I'm running it as well as a friend is, and he's making 350whp.

Just sayin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back