The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

What hardware is necessary for exhauust manifold ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EclipseTurbo

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2004
Northwest, New_Jersey
I am bolting on my exhaust manifold and I dont see any other hardware beside the nuts. I know that stud kits for exhaust manifolds do come with regular washers and locking washers. Should I have them installed since and is my exhaust supposed to have them from oem ?

I am bolting on my exhaust manifold and I dont see any other hardware beside the nuts. I know that stud kits for exhaust manifolds do come with regular washers and locking washers. Should I have them installed since and is my exhaust supposed to have them from oem ?

Washer are there to space the bolt so you don't run it in to far. If it had washers on it to start with I would put them back on. The studs come with nuts and lock washers because the lock washer is use to keep the nut from backing off. I don't recall lock washers being on there stock. You should need lock washers unless using nuts or having trouble keeping the bolts in. Hope that helps.

I am not sure it there is supposed to be any washers installed since the nuts have a build in flange with grooves on the back to keep them from loosening, or at least that what is seems like. should I add on the locking washers on to that type of a wahser and are the oem nuts with flange used for locking them in?
Perhaps the aftermarket stud kit comes with with additional hardware since the nuts are not flanged like a washer and do not lock ? Long story short I have to change the head in the spring and untill then I need to fix my exhaust leak at the manifold because of a broken stud, so I know there is nothing wrong with the turbo and have the best seal possible untill then.
Thank you

www.ssstuds.com is one of our site sponsors and they sell stainless hardware kits for our cars.

Here is what is required to mount the exhaust manifold to the head on a 2g:

- Seven (7) M8 Studs
- Seven (7) M8 Locknuts
- Seven (7) M8 Flat Washers
- Two (2) M10 Studs
- Two (2) M10 Locknuts
- Two(2) M10 Flat Washers

Or if you are not using locknuts then you would need lock washers too.

Hope this helps!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back