The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What fuel pump will work for e-85?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Talon 671

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
i need help on figuring out what fuel pump will work i am planning on running on e-85 with 1200cc injectors and i have ecmlink v3 to tune with i just need to know what fuel pump will work for e-85?

If you want e85 compatible , you can start with Walbro 450.. keep in mind you will need more fuel and possibly a bigger fuel pump depending on your horsepower goal

Walbro does not certify any of their fuel pumps for E-85 except for the Walbro 450. Just keep that in mind if you were looking for something smaller than that. I know people get away with using the 255LPH model for instance, but it's not recommended. I'd also give Deatschwerks the thumbs up because they use a turbine impeller design which is much quieter than a comparable Walbro. That in my book is worth the little bit of extra cash.

Ive been using an FP 255 (essentially a walbro) for the past year, daily driven on e85...meaning e85 is in the tank at all times. No issues here.

Ive used the aem 320 green version. No problems with it submerged in e85 past 2 years. If I had more than an e3-16 I doubt it would keep up though and a dual setup with a hobbs would be needed. Check your goals, check your fuel requirements, ensure compatibility.

+2 walbro 450. You could go with any number of pumps but it IS rated for e85 and itll give you some headroom, power wise. Cheap/easy install(at least on a fwd it was easy)

Walbo 450+3. Also I have had luck with holley pumps, just if you order one double check e85 compatibility... Most are...and mine is, but just be sure.....great bang for the buck those holleys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back