The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What fuel injectors should I buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo0sTeD 4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2008
Miami, Florida
Hello everyone I wanted to ask you guys for some advice on what type of injectors I should buy. I am going with 1200cc injectors just need to decide which brand to get. I have seen FIC, TRE, RC, and PTE I wanted to know if any of you guys have had any personal experiences with any of these? The motor is built and I am looking for decent injectors to tune the car and see what it can do.

I had the Lucas 1200cc injectors and never had an issue with them. I'm currently running high z 1600cc from fiveO motorsports on 93 octane and it's smooth.

Would people recommend buying bigger injectors and working into them? or buying what you need and if you need more buy bigger ones?

Go big, or go home! Go as big as you think you will ever go and then go a size bigger. ;) Go with big injectors, a big fuel pump (or pumps), and a nice feed and return setup with a quality fpr.

I'll refer you to this, as I think it's pretty relevant... posts# 1805 and 1806 ;)
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/new...afe-boost-merged-10-6-a-91.html#post153401576

I don't understand why people are all posting the largest possible injectors when OP asked for a "decent set" probably implying cheaper but worth the money.

OP I suggest buying a used set of Evo injectors. Much much cheaper.

EDIT: whoops didn't see that you were looking for 1200s in the OP LOL :p

I don't understand why people are all posting the largest possible injectors when OP asked for a "decent set" probably implying cheaper but worth the money.

OP I suggest buying a used set of Evo injectors. Much much cheaper.

EDIT: whoops didn't see that you were looking for 1200s in the OP LOL :p

You are correct I am looking for a decent set that are not to expensive. I doubt I will ever need more than 1200cc injectors. What do you guys think about TRE injectors?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRE-1200cc-...its=Model:Eclipse&hash=item4d07e40737&vxp=mtr

It says 1600s in his profile, and thats not shep

What the hell are you talking about??? :confused: Put that stuff down... LOL Nobody said anything about Shep...

Let me directly quote David Buschur from the link I provided.

"I had to go back through my old log books for the tube car, best 660' in that was 4.98 at 144.49 and that was it's 7.81 pass....of course that was also 12 years ago on the stock ECU and a single set of 660cc injectors, blah blah blah. haha"

And this is the car he's talking about. ;)

Attachments

• 1998-Eagle-Talon-Outlaw-Class-Car.jpg
    1998-Eagle-Talon-Outlaw-Class-Car.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 165
What the hell are you talking about??? :confused: Put that stuff down... LOL Nobody said anything about Shep...

Let me directly quote David Buschur from the link I provided.

"I had to go back through my old log books for the tube car, best 660' in that was 4.98 at 144.49 and that was it's 7.81 pass....of course that was also 12 years ago on the stock ECU and a single set of 660cc injectors, blah blah blah. haha"

And this is the car he's talking about. ;)

My bad i meant buschur. The mustang... You didn't link the yellow 2g

:humm:

How is that physically possible... A 7.8 1/4 mile.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back