1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G What Engine Parts Valve/Worth Selling??

Posted by 97egl, Sep 19, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 97egl

97egl Proven Member

Joined Feb 6, 2014
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    I bought 3 core engines condition unknown to try and get one good crankshaft. Did get one good crankshaft out of the deal but I am wondering if there is anything worth selling off of them before scraping them out. They are 2G 7 bolt engines. Doubt anyone is looking for blocks that may need machine work but are any parts off these worth trying to sell? Front case, oil filter housings, water pump tube, balance shafts, sprockets? I tried looking in the classifieds but could find much on most of these which leads me to assume I should just scrap everything. I just don't want to throw out something valuable or that someone else could use. If I had the space I would post most of it just to see what would sell but I don't have the space unfortunately

Thanks for any help

153  3

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniversary
    fwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 193  1

1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    Crank, oil pump, balance shafts, front/rear covers and oil pans. Those are the things I'd keep either for myself or sell on, if they're in good condition, oil pumps especially.

P.S 6 bolt engines are bound to be running out nowadays so more and more people would be forced to use 7 bolts.

Street Build 4K  12

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.43 @ 99.7 · 2G DSM