The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

what am i carrying under the hood? Help out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the car runs good, if there's no leaks on it, and if it is doesn't give you many problems then its a good deal...only thing is you took a risk b/c if you see a turbo 420a, you know it was heavily modified, the problem is if it was done right...a year from now you'll know if it was a good deal

Sence you mentioned erlier your looking into a gsx in your future, you could always maintain it and clean it up and later on to sell it when your ready to purchase a gsx. Its a good starting ground to start off with. before you get a gsx that takes all your money... And it will :shhh:

yeah i'm hoping to get a GSX next or a RSX. but prob a GSX, because there just so sexy LOL! i have a feeling that it will prob take all my money hahaha

yeah i'm hoping to get a GSX next or a RSX. but prob a GSX, because there just so sexy LOL! i have a feeling that it will prob take all my money hahaha

if you plan on getting a gsx later on and this car has been very reliable to you, KEEP IT! Don't do what i did and sell it, i wanted a 4g63 very bad and turned my baby in, my gst has got bout half the $ i put in my eclipse RS in in 3 months, and i had my RS for 3 years, expensive to maintain

Btw, whats a 2 step launch? because ive been watching some vidz and it sounds sick.

if you plan on getting a gsx later on and this car has been very reliable to you, KEEP IT! Don't do what i did and sell it, i wanted a 4g63 very bad and turned my baby in, my gst has got bout half the $ i put in my eclipse RS in in 3 months, and i had my RS for 3 years, expensive to maintain

yeah, i heard it takes a lot of money to take care of a Gsx. Thx for the advice though. hopefully this car last's long. And if it doesnt im just going to buy a gsx. but for the mean time im not gonna sell this car. unless theres a good trade or offer. but i want to at least keep this for 2 yrs hopefully.

ONE last thing. Do u guys think that i will be able to drive this car in the snow or no? Because i live in chicago and it snows a lot here. And from the pictures you can see that the car is low.

You need a program for it and I'm unsure if what you are tuned with uses it or not.

What do you mean by dirty?

Personally being a teenager, and knowing about cars and what to look for. Ive went through 3 cars, had a 420a before my tsi. But if i were you, i would of just stayed away. for the money it would of costed to do all the things that are on your car, is prob way more that what you payed for. usually a good deal turns out to be a bad one. If it has stock internals you don't know if it was beat on or if he ran too much boost in it, stuff like that. Honestly, if i were you id clean it up and try to sell and get top dollar. Just cause it was a build and you have no idea if it was done right or not. kinda risky if you ask me. being a teenager and all, cause that could be all your savings gone if something goes wrong. but other than that nice car! little rice but its nice. personally like a clean stock look

You need a program for it and I'm unsure if what you are tuned with uses it or not.

What do you mean by dirty?

like it sounds sick! nice! ok thx!

Personally being a teenager, and knowing about cars and what to look for. Ive went through 3 cars, had a 420a before my tsi. But if i were you, i would of just stayed away. for the money it would of costed to do all the things that are on your car, is prob way more that what you payed for. usually a good deal turns out to be a bad one. If it has stock internals you don't know if it was beat on or if he ran too much boost in it, stuff like that. Honestly, if i were you id clean it up and try to sell and get top dollar. Just cause it was a build and you have no idea if it was done right or not. kinda risky if you ask me. being a teenager and all, cause that could be all your savings gone if something goes wrong. but other than that nice car! little rice but its nice. personally like a clean stock look

thats true. im probably gonna get it cleaned up and checked out. if anything major comes up im probably just gonna sell it. i dont want to waste to much for my first car

Your front bumper might turn into a plow for winter driving depending on how much snow there is. :p But a big factor is what tires you have, and how you drive. I went last winter with summer tires, and it was not the best but manageable. This year I'm getting winter tires.

Your front bumper might turn into a plow for winter driving depending on how much snow there is. :p But a big factor is what tires you have, and how you drive. I went last winter with summer tires, and it was not the best but manageable. This year I'm getting winter tires.

yeah, the front bumper will probably turn into a plow LOL. too low, im just gonna drive it when the streets are clear and plowed not when the storm is coming.

Oh, any gauges that you guys think i should get for like turbo or any other thing?

For gauges, a boost gauge and a wideband are NEEDED.

ok thx! any other things that i should get?

For gauges, a boost gauge and a wideband are NEEDED.

boost gauge is for turbo right? but what exactly does it do just reads the PSI? and what about the wideband? im kind of a noob sorry LOL

Keep up on the maintainence, youngster! LOL j/k! Im 24 myself and I got my 1st DSM when I turned 21. Always wanted one since I seen the commercial in 1995 when i was just a little kid.

I bought my 1st DSM in 2008 which was a '99 RS and my '99 GSX this year in July. $1500 for the RS and $3000 for the X. Should've paid 5K for it but nobody else seem to want it so I made a deal and cashed in some favors. I still have both but i hydrolocked my RS in Febuary. Still have it, though! Man, Im stupid! :banghead:

Needless to say bro, please take care of your car. Not many are in the streets these days, even in respectable condition. :ohdamn:

And you got a 420A-T? Can you say bragging rights? :hellyeah:

very true, if buying a car with the 4g63 now days is very risky b/c most of the time there's no telling how the previous owner drived it, or if he even did any maintenance on it! Now with a 420a turbo its even riskier

ONE last thing. Do u guys think that i will be able to drive this car in the snow or no? Because i live in chicago and it snows a lot here. And from the pictures you can see that the car is low.

idk bro, i live in NC and it doesn't snow that much here. If i were you if the snow goes over a foot (which I'm sure it will there), i'd keep it parked in the garage, now if its just a few in. i would drive it, but very carefully b/c its fwd and don't press too much on that gas pedal:nono:, and you'll be ok:thumb:

So i have this car that i have no idea what it has. please help me out, could you tell me just by looking the pictures what mods i have and what type of exhaust? Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• whole engine.jpg
    whole engine.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 71
  • turbo head cam.jpg
    turbo head cam.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 65
  • intake manifold.jpg
    intake manifold.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 67
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 65
What exactly are you as king what do you have? Mods? turbo? need clear pictures, intake? exhaust cant tell?

Can you get a closer and less flashy picture of the turbine housing?

And I've never seen an intake manifold like that. Your exhaust has no brand stamp or anything so just assume its a custom made exhaust.

You have the same things the people in your other thread said you did.

ik, but most of the people said that i needed closer pictures in the light. so i just made a new thread since idk how to add pictures in an existing thread. They told me to get pictures in the morning which i did. and there clear ones too

What exactly are you as king what do you have? Mods? turbo? need clear pictures, intake? exhaust cant tell?

yeah like what kind of turbo i have? ik its garrett, but i dont know what kind.

Smim, log style exhaust manifold, no way of really telling the turbo
without taking off the housing and measuring the wheels . The exhaust is hit some no name. Probably works just fine. What size is the actual pipe not the can. Get a wideband o2 and a boost gauge . It should have one allready .you should have larger Injectors and an fmu or safc or something to control the added fuel

If you see random words it was auto correct ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back